Why dose a killer always leave evidence?

Every movie or show I seen there always something left by the Killer is that always the case for real life also?

0|0
3|9

Most Helpful Girl

• It would be very hard to clean everything in the area you killed someone. Sometimes I'd assume there wouldn't be enough time to clean up anyways

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• In real life, murder is one of the most difficult cases to solve, especially if they are a serial killer. Those kinds of killers usually don't have a link to the victims because they kill strangers. The ones that usually get caught are when they kill someone they knew because there is a more obvious motive so the detectives know where to look for the investigation.
    Most TV shows and Movies are very unrealistic when dealing with this and the detectives are almost psychic to figure it out. Also, in real life, people that have killed don't just admit it so easily because a detective shouts at them or makes wild accusations, or attacks them in the interrogation room. Those detectives would be fired sometimes, or charged themselves.

1|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Because they are stupid and want to get caught.

1|2
    0|0
  • Because it's convenient to the plot.

In real not all killers leave evidence, that is why there are many unsolved murders. The ones who do are either unorganised, not thorough in destroying the evidence or the murder was not premeditated.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Most of the shit you see in tv and movies are bullshit. Like, you can't trace fingerprints on most guns. And databases they use only come up for people already in the system, if you committed a murder, assuming you haven't been arrested or convicted with anything, they can't pull up a database with you in it. There are a ton of crimes that go unsolved. With that said, most people who commit murders don't really think all the way through and are pretty sloppy

0|2
    0|0
  • In real life, it's because they're disorganized, they kill on a whim, or they don't plan things all the way through. There are things that they don't notice or think about (blood splatter, where and how the body is laid, defensive wounds, etc.).

In the movies, it's a plot device or a calling card.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm sure if one looked hard enough they could find it or more than they wanted to make it more of a gray area in who did it, but why bother? They always try to pin it on the significant other or disgruntled friend/co-worker. Besides, finding hard evidence isn't always easy and it's typically circumstantial at best. The people who do real CSI work probably laugh at the shows on TV for how easy it is to find the evidence.

0|0
    0|0
  • With modern forensics, its is very difficult to commit a crime like murder without leaving some trace. It does still happen, but very rarely.

0|1
    0|0
  • because most murders aren't planned out but more likely spur of the moment, ie "in hot blood"

0|1
    1|0
  • Thats not how life actually works

0|0
    0|0
  • To quote George Carlin from 1977:

Pick up one guy by his feet, and kill another guy WITH him! That way, they both die and there's no murder weapon!

"What happened here?"
    "Gee, I don't know, Sarge. Looks like a pedestrian accident to me... they must have been moving at quite a clip!"

0|1
    0|0
  • So that they can be caught

0|0
    0|0