What do you think about the constantly growing displays in smartphones and other gadgets?

Most Helpful Girl

• The trend won't keep going on indefinitely -- because the market doesn't WANT phones to get too big.
    This is the adoption breakdown for iPhones as of the end of calendar year 2015:
    pocketnow.com/.../iPhone-adoption.jpg

Note that the smaller iPhone 6 is more than 3 times as popular as its big sister, the iPhone 6 Plus (33.2% versus 9.9%).
    There's a similar discrepancy between the 6S and the 6S Plus, although those are still tiny percentages on that infographic (since they were released so late in 2015).

Companies respond to what the market wants... and the market doesn't want phones to get THAT much bigger... so, phones won't get that much bigger.

__

On the other hand, it's good that there ARE multiple size options available, for people who DO want them.

I spend a fair amount of time on the road -- and, when I'm on the road, my 6 Plus is the screen I'm looking at most often.
    I'm VERY grateful that I have the option of a larger screen to work with.

But... no, most phones will not continue to get very much bigger.

What IS happening is that the actual *display* is taking up a greater and greater percentage of the area of the phone. In other words, the newer phones have less and less of a "bezel" (= non-functional border area around the screen).
    THAT is unquestionably a good thing. I'm not sure how anyone could see that as a negative.

Most Helpful Guy

• 4.5 inches is big enough for me. A phone's screen is what takes rhe most battery power so phones with bigger screens dont last as long until better vattery technology comes out, but this will also be more expensive, etc. So phones with smaller screens will keep existing. Many people dont want a really big phone because they want to operate it with one hand. However if we look at the old nokia 3310 and compare it to modern phones then we see the screen keeps getting bigger but the phone itself not too much so i suspect that im the future we will get roughly the same sized phones but bigger screens.

"A phone's screen is what takes rhe most battery power so phones with bigger screens dont last as long"

^^ The problem with this argument is that bigger phones have... bigger batteries. Most of the phones with the best battery life are big phones.
      (Between Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, the Plus -- the bigger one -- has a *longer* battery life by about an hour, under average usage conditions.)

What Girls Said 5

• I'm small and have tiny hands. I don't like all these bigger phones. 😐

• I like big phones and I can not lie.

• i don't like it too big

• I don't want a bigger phone. They're a burden more than anything else.

• Keep bro.

What Guys Said 8

• I mean who likes to be all squinty eyed staring down a tiny 5' screen?
    Bigger screens are KING!
    But only to a point.
    I think when your thumb can't do a swipe motion and get to the other side of the screen , now that's too big. It starts to turn into a tablet.
    A phablets as they call em.
    An iPhone 6 or maybe a Moto G4 , it still works but as you go into say... a Huawei Mate 8 , now that's getting ridiculous. I can't even fit the shit in my pocket. The thing is like 6' , I'm literally scared of bending the screen with how thin and big it is.

Give me a sturdy , medium size 5'5'-5'7 now that's the sweetspot.

• As long as they keep different variants of different display sizes for different models I don't see any real problems with it, they just need to be as flexible about it. For tablets I can understand since I think that they are trying to make them into laptop replacements or alternatives. But they should always be flexible about the display sizes and be flexible, allow smaller display size models for those that want them and allow bigger display size models for those that want them.

• I like it to a point. My current phone is 5.5 inches. I think that's just right. Pockets are being enough to fit phones of this size. I think 6 inches is too big, and anything above 6 inches isn't a phablet but a tablet.

I never choose smartphones which don't fit into my hands.

Mine fits in my hands just fine, and I don't have particularly large hands either

• It's just a trend.

• annoying... many you can't operate properly with one hand anymore which sucks. I think 4.8"-5" would be the best, but most are 5.2"-5.5" now and they just get too wide, especially because most are not as compact built as they could

uhmm what? don't you have... big hands, to go with yr height?

I'm 3 inches shorter than you, so my fingers are probably shorter than yours... and I can EASILY operate my iphone 6 Plus (the bigger model) one-handed.

• I use phone connect to 10.1 inches pad.
    I still like big screen.
    but not convenience tbh
    maybe 3d naked eyes is better?

• I don't care I just want a keyboard with it! I hate swiping errors http://i.imgur.com/DBLcPLk.gif

What do you mean by swiping errors?

Big fingers. I'll stick with my slide out keyboard phone as long as I can.

In such a case, my phone zooms into the screen (with UI objects usually, not with the keyboard)

• Love them bigger screen to see my prom better