Any car guys on this site? Or mechanics? Need some help?

I have a 1998 toyota camry. Four years ago I got the shocks and struts replaced. Recently I started hearing squecky noices from the year shocks or coil springs. I hear it even when driving on a straight road with small bumps. When I close the trunk Ihear the squeky noice. Anyone know why this is happening?

Updates:
2mo @Michael5809

0|0
0|3

Most Helpful Guy

• You said year shocks , so I assume you mean rear shocks. It sounds to me like the rubber bushings are bad , or when the struts were replaced they were a cheaper brand units

0|1
    0|0
    • 2mo

I had Monroe brand shocks and struts installed. I did noticed rust on the shocks and Coil springs.

• Show All
    • 2mo

I hear you man. I never trusted garages personally that's why I went to trade school for this

• 2mo

I had my next door neighboor replace my shocks and struts. He used to work on Mercedes and BMW back in Poland. I might just go to him lol.

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.

What Guys Said 2

• suspension bushings lubrication issue "dry". and/or new shocks have air trapped in them, factory flaws or rear stabilizer component issues.

0|1
    0|0
    • 2mo

If you're. taking about control arm bushings, I had those replaced.

• Show All
    • 2mo

all of them. the squeak could also come from the strut shafts too. driving the car up on ramps and pushing up and down while laying underneath helps pinpointing where its really coming from.

• 2mo

Okay.

• There's a lot of body noise that could be found on a car that old. Every place the body contacts the frame there is a potential point for noise. When was the last time you had the tires rotated and balanced?

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Few months ago.

• Show All
    • 2mo

Nope, it started before that.

• 2mo

@Michael5809