What is an Alpha anyway?

I have heard that term here so often lately but I have no real grasp on what it means. My definition would be a tough manly man, but I have heard many people interpret the word diffrent ways on here. So, when alpha is being discussed on here what does it actually mean?

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually a painfully insignificant guy with a self appointed title.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I mean douche bags see it as manly man. They think being a bully or macho is Alpha. It is not. Alpha is a leader, someone who doesn't lose control, doesn't back down. A bully will almost always back down when confronted. You can be quiet as fuck and be Alpha.

What Girls Said 8

• Been watching this post cuz of the roasts. An alpha is someone who takes roasts like a man and doesn't report them but fights back.

• It's the head of the wolf, meerkat, fish group-etc.

• In wolf packs, it's the dominant male wolf of the pack. It's the same concept with men. It's a dominant, manly man.

• I think it means top dog.

• Its a thing that states they are 'top dog' but only in their own minds

• A guy who is a leader and buff and shit...
    😒

It has nothing to do with physique. It has to do with power.

So, he is one of those guys who can attract women.

@WalterRadio lol loads but he has a thing for black women

• The leader of a wolf pack.

• Alpha - banana , hulkksmash , Polocrew (all RIP)

What Guys Said 19

• I think everyone has their own definition - For me it is a sociological term from the alpha male/female of a group, a leader - Which means to me, someone who puts the needs of the group over their own maybe even at a cost to their own, a true leader could be a 100 lb 5' woman to me.

• It is the man who achieves more than typical, and that is usually obtained by leading others. The result is power, power to achieve and to command respect.

If all H broke loose, for whatever reason, earthquake, nuclear bomb, etc, the alpha male will be the ones giving orders and the other guys will be accepting orders from him.

The term derives from the behavior of wolf packs, if I recall correctly.

• "In fact, an alpha particle really is a nucleus - it's the same as the nucleus of a common atom of helium - but it doesn't have any electrons around it, and it's traveling very fast. Alpha particles are a type of ionizing radiation. To describe the production of alpha particles, we have to define radioactive decay."

• Kind of like Donald Trump. Or Raylan Givens. A confident man who takes action and is sure of himself. fierofredo.files.wordpress.com/.../...n-givens.jpg

• ALPHA- Wannabe posers, who self-declare the title through comparison in their pack. Being defined by their pack for they so struggle with forging their own identities.

• Supposedly someone who's confident and has followers. Pretty much all the self proclaimed alphas are just conceited people who think they're all that and a bag of chips. A true "alpha" wouldn't have to state it or attempt to brag about it.

• I'd use the word leader instead. Self-described alphas are douches like 99% of the time.

• It has more relevance to animals that live in groups with one male being dominant like lions or gorillas than humans.

• It's a Greek letter. It comes just before Beta.

• i think its more like manly or being dominant

• Arrogant assholes who think they're better than everyone else.

• It's a system based on wolf packs even though wolves themselves don't even have a system quite like that.

• The first letter of the Greek alphabet.

• It's bullshit
    Labelling things isn't my style

• its a greek alphabet

• Usually self diagnosed

• Doesn't get much more alpha than that

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...09a97c007d.jpg

• α alpha :p

• Not you