How many of you hate celebrating your birthdays?

• Yes i hate it
  • No i enjoy it
  • Who cares?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes.
    Everytime it's my birthday , I get a letter from the driver licensing office , to congratulate my birthday and charge me a heft sum for the whole "Driver risk premium" magick.

What is this?

I mean... here in the US (and everywhere else, I'd imagine), you'll pay a lot more for auto INSURANCE -- and especially motorcycle insurance -- if you're young.
      But, that's through insurance companies, which are private entities. Young single drivers don't pay the **government** any more money than older and/or married drivers do.

Are you telling me that younger people have to pay the GOVERNMENT more money for driver's licensing up there? Wowwww

@redeyemindtricks
      Never said it's gonna take your woman badge away lol but damn cutting it short tho , hair grows sloooowwww , quite the conviction needed to go snip snip.

oh haha, this is for good.
      I'm getting to that point where my hair just doesn't want to keep growing out to its old length (≈natural waist) anymore -- and my face looks absolutely beyond horrible with any length of hair in the neighborhood of my shoulders. so... off with it.

My husband's love of short hair is pretty much fetish level, anyway... and I have the kind of epic resting-bitch-face that looks REALLY good with certain short haircuts. so, this was not a difficult decision to make ahah.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not even my celebration I hate getting bs presents and shit

What Guys Said 11

• "Who cares?"

Exactly. I don't see shat all the hype is about. If someone brings up that it's their birthday I usually just wish them a happy birthday for their sake.

• It's about being with my family and for me family is the most important thing in the world.

• When you get to my age you just mark the "0"s.

• I don't like that, but my family members enjoy celebrating mine birthday. Its not necessary and doesn't make any sense.

• I'm at the point where I don't celebrate that I'm one year older but instead I mourn it.

• I like it if the event makes me stand out and there are people i want to admire me. But if it just a ordinary birthday with my family then it's worthless.

• I enjoy it because I don't have many friends and I don't get presents often for them

• I dont but this year I sort of did cause my lady friend made me 😰

• hate it

• i dont

• my best birthday, was when i got to meet eliza dushku

What Girls Said 10

• I don't hate it per se but I just don't really look forward it all that much. Not only does it mean I'm even older, but.. my birthday is September 5th. Meaning I can't really do shit to celebrate. Not much more than heading out to dinner with some of my closer friends, as everyone else is too busy with work/back to school shit to add a hangover into the mix.

Looooolll girlfriend!

If we're having the #lamebdayclub shout-out...
      My birthday is January 1... and most of my friends drink, and I don't.

In other words -- When I was younger, every single "birthday party" I ever had would devolve into "my friends lying all over the furniture, while I ran around and helped them all nurse their epic New Year's Eve hangovers".

@redeyemindtricks Hmmm drink alcohol to burn calories, I like the way this is going...

The doubters are people who take their diets quite seriously, and scowl at me because I just want to have a good time.

@HotDogg Well, the alcohol CONTAINS more calories than the actual thermic effect, so, don't be getting any big ideas.

On the other hand, those doubters should know that a "perfect" diet WILL yield inferior results. In fact, the lower you get in bodyfat, the MORE "cheats" you need in order to keep making progress.
      (If this sounds counterintuitive, here's a simplistic but surprisingly accurate way to describe it -- The lower you get in bodyfat, the more yr body becomes "convinced" that you're actually starving. So, you need more cheat-meals to keep "confusing" yr body into thinking that you're NOT actually starving.)

This is actually the single thing that attracts me to fitness the most, rather than other pursuits -- the fact that the human body hates perfectionism as much as I do, and that being 80% perfect is actually BETTER than being 100% perfect.

• I love my birthday. This is me on midnight of my birthday.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...b9fb34dd7b.jpg

• I don't care about birthdays, specially mine. I don't mind when my family does a small cute birthday, I like it a lot but that's about it.

• I neither hate it or enjoy it. It's become just another day to me.
    It's more enjoyable now because my boyfriend's is the day before mine. I get excited for his and we both make a huge effort for 2 days. It's nice.

• I used to, but I'm more ok with it now

• Ew mines on Monday and I'm going to spend it sleeping lmfao

• Right here x 100000000000000!

• i love parties, but im getting too old to celebrate my birthday

• Not hate. I just don't care for it

• I hate it! I even deactivated my facebook for the day, so no one can wish me a happy birthday.