How do you tell if someone is intelligent?

Can you tell just by speaking to them?

Most Helpful Guy

• easily by speaking to them. can they speak on intelligent topics or idiotic topics? etc. Do they get intelligent jokes? Do they know enough about their own culture to discuss it? etc.

it's pretty easy to tell if someone is intelligent or stupid.

What Girls Said 3

• By the way they talk, write, the expressions they use, the way they behave and look at you.

Again, this is not true. I know SEVERAL who are extremely smart and are terrible at interacying with others.

Can someone with a degree not posses all the things you listed?

Of course.

• Yes. By interacting with them for sometime you can.

• Yes. I have to pretend I know what the words they are saying mean. Especially when I read what someone is writing I have to look the damn word up 😑

What Guys Said 6

• Intelligence is relative - One person is smart at one thing and another person is smart at another

• The way he/she express and presents themselves.

Not true. I know plenty of smart individuals in stem who are terrible at interacting with others.

• I correlate intelligence with logical reasoning.

• You'd have to have understand their logical thought process.

• i know how to tell if someone is not

• by seeing how he treats others, how he talks, and what he wants to make out of his life to contribute to the coming generations and not just himself... .