Why do men ask women out?

Isn't that funny? Think about it. Women get to decide who she chooses to date. Women get to decide when to have sex. Women get to choose which man she wants to marry. In other words, women are in full control relationships.

So why do men ask women out? Wouldn't it make more sense for men to just sit back while women approach them?

2mo What's wrong with people on this site? I'm not complaining or anything because I'm a woman myself. I just find it really interesting how our society turned out the way it is now. Calm down, people.

Most Helpful Guy

• In my believe it is this simple. Typically males are the aggressors. They are the guardians and the protectors, hence, in general, males are the stronger physically of the species; not counting those women who are the exception to this rule, but in general, I'm sure you're getting my meaning.

Therefore, it is only natural for the female to be the one who sits back and waits for the male to approach her, because in doing so he's demonstrating he has the courage and boldness to be the initiator in this incidence, even though it is the female who decides ultimately who she's going to be with, have sex with, marry, so on and so forth.

If the male is too shy and is not confident in who he is and is not assertive enough then he loses out as he should to a male who is more willing to approach the female and take the risk of being rejected. Again, that's how it should be and is the more natural way in my view.

There is nothing wrong with this, because I believe we've moved on from the days when the male just grabbed his chosen girl by the hair and carried her off to his cave to be his mate; the female should be the one in full control over the relationship, for the most part, because this causes the male to be creative in his methods of courtship and makes him stand out from the rest---as if to say, "Hey I'm the one that's the most worthy to be with you," and to me there is nothing wrong with good, healthy, competition. That's my bottom line.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not a girl, you're a man pretending to be a woman.

And because they're interested in women.

What makes you think I'm a man pretending to be a woman? Maybe you're a catfish pretending to be someone you're not. You can't even think for yourself, and you automatically jump into conclusion.

Lol I claim to be poor all the time, I don't wish it, I am.

And no, I can almost guarantee you're a guy. Prove me wrong by getting out of anon

LOL, did you even read the update? And you think I'm a guy because I asked a societal question as an anon? What's your IQ? Like 40? Just get outta here. You're not intellectually on the same level as I am to have a conversation.

What Guys Said 21

• Just the way it works.

And she can decide who she wants to marry, but that does not mean he will marry her. And same the other way around.

• Actually it's generally the man who chooses marriage

• Traditionally women are the gatekeepers of sex while men are the gatekeepers of commitment (relationships/marriages). So no, even traditionally the woman does not hold all the power.

This has a partly biological origin: women don't want to get pregnant by the "wrong" man, men don't want to commit to the "wrong" woman.

• 3|0
  • Men also decide who to date, when to have sex, marry, all that.
    Why do men ask women out? Cause of interest, I guess

• You say that now, wait until you are 35 and that biological clock is ticking.

And besides, we choose who we approach, we select women. I dont think you have strong great confident men throwing themselves at your feet so you only get to choose from loser men that put up with your shit.

• it's not interesting, it's feminism lol

and men who reject female superiority get their pick of women... we still tend to chase at first, but those women then chase us and then WE get OUR pick. mostly because such men are rare, and real equality IS attractive...

• How would she choose who she marries? She would only have a subset of guys asking her and those guys may not want to marry her or have further dates or even have sex.

• Whoa, Nelly! Those are some strong gender role stereotypes which are simply wrong. And to answer your question that is a cultural norm left over from a time when our society was strongly male dominated.

• Men ask women out for a very biological reason. Men are the hunters, chasers. Women are the price and the prey. Thus women are the supply and men have the demand.

• Cause women used to be property and hung on slabs of meat, basically

• Yup it's hilarious

• Because we're human and things rarely make sense.

• I had at least 3 girls in college ask me out.

• Women should initiate because they want to become "masculine", hence being hoes!

• Because men want/need women more than viceversa.

• Because women don't ask men out, for the most part.
    And men want sex. So we get it in the only socially acceptable way we can.

• I opened this betting to myself that there would be butthurt women accusing you of being a guy posting as a girl... and I was right... lol

• I wish. :'(
    That said, I've never asked one out. I'm more like a woman on the inside anyway but I don't get any of the power. :/

• lol women are too prideful to do so. oh and women have this power only with betas. when they are with me they can't help but to desire me. i'm the one in control... .

So shy men are too prideful?

@BuchitaBuchys its a socially globally accepted fact that men approach. women promoted that to have the rejecting power.

Judging from all the opinion that she's posting, she's hopelessly bitter, hateful, and deluded. It's pointless to try to hold a conversation with this girl.

• I don't. But the women who ask me out are ones that I'm not interested in. :(

What Girls Said 8

• Honestly why does anyone ask anyone out? Well it's pretty simple, if they didn't then it would be pretty hard for anyone to date because we would all be waiting around for someone to ask us out, no one would make the first move.

Women are allowed to ask men out, no one is saying women can't. I've asked guys out plenty of times. Sometimes they say no, sometimes they say yes.

It makes most sense for both parties to be actively asking people out.

• I call bullshit

• LOL I like reading your opinions!

• lol they can do that. But realize women ask out hot men all the time So average blokes will be screwed.

• you CAN ask a man out if you want

• women get to decide when to have sex? are you serious? lmao.

• I think you are a bitter guy troll, but I will answer anyways. Just because a man approaches us, doesn't mean that we will find him attractive. I get approached by men a lot but they are usually unattractive, why should i wait for an attractive guy to approach me when I have the opportunity to approach a guy i find attractive myself?

• Men make decisions on these things too. You're acting like women are the only ones with preferences. Very few men just take whoever because she has a vagina, if he's not attracted to her and enjoys her company.