Why christians believe in Jesus?

As a jewish I want to know why you believe in jesus
and do you really think her Mom is virgin
im wondering

0|0
1|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do you believe in Moses?

We believe in Jesus Christ because we believe that he fulfilled the Old Testament of the Bible -- the Septuagint which is THE oldest complete version -- and more importantly that he rose from the dead, being the incarnation of God himself. Through doing so, we believe that he destroyed death itself, as we will all partake of his resurrection someday. We believe because of the New Testament of the Bible, and because of the historical testimony of the Church like the patristics, fathers, and canons of the Ecumenical Councils.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

but his Mom is virgin and she never had sex
      i think christianity based on lie and its just smary woman hided her affair by creating this fairy tale

Most Helpful Girl

• As someone who was raised Christian I believed it because the old testament prophisized the coming of the Messiah and I saw birth of Christ as the fulfillment of that promise.

Do you speak Hebrew by any chance?

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

More importantly, does she speak Greek. The modern Hebrew version of the Bible -- the Masoretic Text -- was translated in such a way to discredit Christianity. However the Septuagint -- the older Greek version -- lends credence to Christianity, which is precisely what prompted the Jews to stop using it.

What Guys Said 3

• "For truly I tell you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will tell this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you." I have not been able to move a mountain yet but I have seen my very own destiny being changed before my own eyes just because I gave up fighting and in a moment of despair I just prayed for help. I don't expect you to believe me. It's not something one can explain. You can only experience it and understand why others believe it because you'll be believing it too.

0|0
    1|0
    • 2mo

how his Mom is virgin?

• Show All
    • 2mo

He's not just "a man from the Middle East". He is an incarnation of God. A piece of the Creator in human form. Technically you can call Jesus an avatar of God. Why he chose to arrive in the Middle East? I don't know. You'll have to ask him that yourself. :)

• 2mo

Adam was not even "born" in the proper sense. Is a special birth really that unfathomable for an allegedly divine figure? If are already a Jew, then you believe in the miracles of the Old Testament like Moses splitting the sea and God talking through a donkey. Thus, are the miracles of another religion really that strange or foreign to you?

• That is Catholics - Protestants don't believe Mary was a virgin

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

It is a test of faith - You believe a way out fact like virgin birth or the holy trinity the father, the son and the holy spirit are same thing.

• Quit that nonsense. You believe in this others believe in that, some others believe in something. Yea whatever

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!