Guys, what did your father tell you about women? girls, what did your mother tell you about men?

When i was 15 or 14 my dad told me that women can be beautiful from outside but they can be also evils from inside, also told me that you should make them relax and wash the dishes in order to have sex with them (i really don't know why he told me that : ), also told me that you have to say "I love you" and flirt with them every 5 minutes and that they are attracted to men who fix ruined things like their car and cook : .

Most Helpful Girl

• My dad told me to ask a guy out (his example: to an ice cream) if I like him (this was when I was 11 years old) and that guys like the idea to take away a girl's virginity because they were the 1st (I was 13 at that time).
    My mom told me to shave downstairs when I will have a boyfriend (I was 15) and they have no say in my sex life, only to use protection.

I have weird parents, I know.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 19

• I don't remember her telling me anything when I was young, but after my recent 2-year breakup she advised me to sleep with many men (my ex was my first) for experience and to learn what I like. I adore her haha.

Oh, I do remember her telling me repeatedly that guys are dense and they can't take hints lol.

Oh, well, that would be me...

• Hmm, my mother and I usually don't talk about men in general. She has plenty to say about specific men in my life though :P I think whenever we talk about men in general, she's usually talking about how sexual they are.

• My mom used to tell me guy are only mean to girls when they secretly like them when I used to get bullied by guys in my class but that was a total comfort lie. At least your dad is like 50% right lol

*guys

@Nandor lmao I'm not

Ok then

• Ha ha, my father once had a talk with me about boys when I was about 14-15 years old.
    He said that boys who say that like me usually will have other meaning behind word „like” :D he literally said that :D
    „Also boys aren't searious at my age and very tricky”

He was right, they're not mature and don't have good purposes when it comes to girls.

Maybe majority in their teens are, but I had quite many guy friends while I was a pupil and they treated relationship and their girlfriends very seriously.

• My dad was never really there, and when he was, he wasn't sober. I finally got "men advice" from him when he was in jail and he would write us letters. He would tell me to not trust men, that most men will not take women seriously. And that they only want one thing, but he never specified sex, though.
    My older brothers kinda were father figures to me, and my ironically single oldest brother told me that he would kick my ass and bfs ass if I ever brought a boy to the house. He would say that most men cheat and are not trustworthy.
    My now married brother (different brother), on the other hand, didn't prohibit dating, and he said to just look for a man who was my friend. Who I can speak to, who won't ever lay a hand on me and won't cheat (He has been married for like 10yrs now).

I try to listen and look up to my second oldest brother, as he's the closest to a healthy relationship in my immediate family along with my sister and her husband.

Your brother was right, most men want that one thing, you can barely find men who would love truly.

• I've only met my dad once, and my mother didn't tell me anything about guys. I guess she thought it was better for me to figure it out on my own.

• To stay away from them at my age as young boys are raged with hormones or something like that.

Basically to just be focused in my study and to not get distracted by boys.
    :p my father and other male members advised the same lol.

• She told me that I should be picky about guys who I choose to be with and I should prefer intelligent ones.

• My mother told me to be aware of guys who might lie to you saying they love you just to kiss you or just to get in your pants. She told me about this French saying " Je t'aime comme une cigarette, je te fume et je te jette" -->" I love you like a cigarette, I smoke you then throw you away".

• If I remember correctly, I think my mother told me to be careful with the guys I associate myself with.
    I goes, in other words, she was try to tell me to beware of thirsty guys. 😅

• I was taught to watch the way they speak about others, and the way they talk about their mothers and their ex partners.

• Eh nothing really specific about men as a whole. Just that I shouldn't trust everything that some men say and that I shouldn't put up with any type of bullshit.

• They didn't have to say anything. Their behaviour was good (or bad) enough an explanation of what women and men are like.

• Nothing

• My mom always told me to be wary of guys because they'll pretend they care, but then use me for sex. Then my dad says that women will take advantage of men for money, and are only good for cooking and cleaning.

There is some truth to it. Applicability is another question.

• My mom said all men are the same.
    My dad said women are users and drama

• My mother told me nothing about men.

• The thing about what your dad told you is that women don't care about the acts themselves, they care that you actually want to do those things.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 8

• My father said, that women are stupid and have 0 logic.
    In my mind I disagreed.

I never heard my mother saying anything about men.
    And I would prefer to keep it that way to be honest.

__

I would say this:

About men - Beware of them! They CAN be pigs, who "love" you, sex with you and then dump you. There are plenty of them!

About women - Beware of them! They CAN be gold diggers, who "love" you, use you and your resources and then dump you for someone else, who is wealthier than you are. They exist but I don't know how many.

There are ways to tell apart from the both.

• Straight up I never remember being told anything but I did know so they must have slipped it into the conversation without noticing. Basically women are people too, treat them the way you expect to be treated yourself.

• Sadly nothing, neither of them.

• my father told me even less than that-my father was an idiot on the topic of women. yours doesn't sound too much more knowledgeable, no offense lol

• He said, Women Are Trouble. I said, What? He replied "You'll See." As I left out for my first day of Kindergarten.

• My father was saying things like, girls are the most beautiful creatures on earth :D And I must be gentleman for them.

• Literally nothing.

• I remember my father told me to never take women seriously, because women go easily astray and lack sense of justice.