Should I have dinner with my violin teacher at university on his birthday?

I am studying music in university. About one month ago, my violin instructor started asking whether I would be free on tomorrow night and to have dinner with him. I promised to have dinner with hm tomorrow as he asked again last week. But I’ve just figured out that tomorrow will be his birthday.

Should I still go for the dinner and what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• This sounds very unprofessional of him. He is looking for sex. Only go out with him if you also want sex.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl, let me tell you something about getting involved with your college instructor. DON'T DO IT. SERIOUSLY.
    I was complicatedly involved with my former instructor/best friend until recently - it was complicated simply because he used to be my instructor and he still teaches at my college. What makes it worse is that ALL of my friends has/had him as an instructor as well. It all ended with him completely betraying me - he may have been using me for all I know - and me in tears.
    There are plenty of STUDENTS you can date, which will be much better for you, TRUST ME. Student-teacher relationships are nothing like what they seem in movies.
    DON'T DO IT.

What Guys Said 4

• Depends on what you think his intentions are - Just social cool - Anything else how do you feel about it?

• isn't that against university regulations?

• He wants a birthday blowjob. It would be rude to disappoint him.

• Yeah why not?
    make sure to bring along a small present and thank him for all his teachings

What Girls Said 2