What happens to people who die in your opinion?

I really need honest answers...

I can't accept this is the end, even as a non believer.

Most Helpful Guy

• They cease to exist other and will ONLY remain as memories in your mind and heart. But no matter what, we'll All eventually become forgotten one way or another, I had more or less learned to accept this and realized just how bleak it all really is. If one of us can cease to exist and that cannot be fixed in anyway, at least as of now, then all of us can eventually cease to exist.

My point is that we were never built and made to last to begin with. We don't come with warranty or any possibilities of upgrades that would allow us to ever completely avoid all possibilities of dying.

And there is no absolute way to download and "back up" all of our experiences, knowledge, memories, secrets, etc. and then transfer it someone, something or somewhere else BEFORE we cease to exist. Our entire collection of electronic data might still be maintained and preserved by someone close to us, for as long as they can and are willing to maintain it that is, but everything else like your experiences, your personality, etc. that all goes when you go. You can't keep anything and take anything with you when you leave this world, not money, not any physical belongings.

Although I would only hope there will eventually be such new developments and workarounds when technology advancements reach the "Singularity".

But that's all just speculation, and I can only hope that we don't destroy each other before then otherwise all hope is really and completely lost forever, for our world, our species and virtually everything we had ever built, designed, made, or created.

Most Helpful Girl

• "In physics, the law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system remains constant—it is said to be conserved over time. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it transforms from one form to another."
    Even as a non believer, you could always think of humans as a former of energy, so when we die, our energy transforms into something else, therefore we live on in a new form.

What Guys Said 24

• They rot or they're incinerated. It's the end.

i.ytimg.com/vi/G_yahranAnQ/maxresdefault.jpg

• Many people wonder as to how a person with a scientific and logical temperament, can lend any credence to the belief of life after death. People assume that anyone believing in the hereafter is doing so on the basis of blind belief. My belief in the hereafter is based on a logical argument.

There are more than a thousand verses in the Glorious Qur’an, containing scientific facts (refer to video lecture QUR'AN AND MODERN SCIENCE COMPATIBLE OR INCOMPATIBLE LECTURE “https://www. youtube. com/watch? v=cPkDQvmDviQ”). Many facts mentioned in the Qur’an have been discovered in the last few centuries. But science has not advanced to a level where it can confirm every statement of the Qur’an.

Suppose 80% of all that is mentioned in the Qur’an has been proved 100% correct. About the remaining 20%, science makes no categorical statement, since it has not advanced to a level, where it can either prove or disprove these statements. With the limited knowledge that we have, we cannot say for sure whether even a single percentage or a single verse of the Qur’an from this 20% portion is wrong. Thus when 80% of the Qur’an is 100% correct and the remaining 20% is not disproved, logic says that even the 20% portion is correct. The existence of the hereafter, which is mentioned in the Qur’an, falls in the 20% ambiguous portion which my logic says is correct.

Is robbing a good or an evil act? A normal balanced person would say it is evil. How would a person who does not believe in the hereafter convince a powerful and influential criminal that robbing is evil?
    Suppose I am the most powerful and influential criminal in the world. At the same time I am an Intelligent and a logical person. I say that robbing is good because it helps me lead a luxurious life. Thus robbing is good for me.
    If anybody can put forward a single logical argument as to why it is evil for me, I will stop immediately. People usually put forward the following arguments:

a. The person who is robbed will face difficulties

Some may say that the person who is robbed will face difficulties. I certainly agree that it is bad for the person who is robbed. But it is good for me. If I rob a thousand dollars, I can enjoy a good meal at a 5 star restaurant.
      b. Some one may rob you
      Some people argue that someday I may be robbed. No one can rob me because I am a very powerful criminal and I have hundreds of bodyguards. I can rob anybody but nobody can rob me. Robbing may be a risky profession for a common man but not for an influential person like me.
      c. The police may arrest you
      Some may say, if you rob, you can be arrested by the police. The police cannot arrest me because I have the police on my payroll. I have the ministers on my payroll. I agree that if a common man robs, he will be arrested and it will be bad for him, but I am an extraordinarily influential and powerful criminal.
      Give me one logical reason why it is bad for me and I will stop robbing.

I agree that the criminal is being logical and all his arguments are true only when he is the most powerful and influential criminal.

Every human being wants justice
      Each and every human being desires justice. Even if he does not want justice for others he wants justice for himself. Some people are intoxicated by power and influence and inflict pain and suffering on others. The same people, however, would surely object if some injustice was done to them. The reason such people become insensitive to the suffering of others is that they worship power and influence. Power and influence, they feel, not only allows them to inflict injustice on others but also prevents others from doing likewise to them.

God is Most Powerful and Just

As a Muslim I would convince the criminal about the existence of Almighty God (refer to answer proving the existence of God by Dr Zakir Naik "https://www. youtube. com/watch? v=E2s14T6x5AM"). This God is more powerful than you and at the same time is also just. The Glorious Qur’an says:

“Allah is never unjust In the least degree”
      [Al-Qur’an 4:40]

The criminal, being a logical and scientific person, agrees that God exists, after being presented with scientific facts from the Qur’an. He may argue as to why God, if He is Powerful and Just, does not punish him.

• Ever wondered why life flows in forward direction and not backwards? Entropy.

Entropy is a measurement of the disorder. The higher the disorder is, the less useable energy you will have for work. As you probably know energy cannot be destroyed, but it can be converted to an unusable form.

Imagine you have a jar of strawberry jam. You can eat it, spread it on a bread, on yourself, essentially do all sorts of useful things. Now imagine that you drop it on the floor. Technically you still have a jar of jam, but you can no longer do anything with it, thats what happens with energy in the universe. Entropy is always increasing. You cannot take the jam and make it into a jar again, thats essentially what happens to us when we die. There is no after life or anything like that because it would be physically impossible, it goes against the laws of nature.

Some may argue that there is a creature that could defy the laws of nature (God) but thats very unlikely.

But dude.. I was promised 72 virgins.

So.. entropy sounds more interesting now.

Pretty much, unless someone wants to start bringing up metaphysical nihilism into the debate, that our reality isn't exactly really "real" or what we perceive it to actually be. That our reality is only a dream simulated reality programmed to our minds in a system and that we're all trapped within it. Such as how the Matrix movies and other various works of fiction had applied those concepts and portrayed such.

Otherwise I think we all pretty much doubt it would be so. And that it's just that some people really really would rather want something to hang onto, to hope for, and believe in all just because they want some level of comfort than accept that it is all just emptiness in the end. Once we're gone, we're gone forever and then eventually we will become forgotten forever and there's nothing we can do about it since we're already dead by then.

• From dust to dust. Our body's decay but our souls remain alive and many include myself that Heaven exist. So that's where you go after you die. But even as a believer I have speculation of what exactly happens ad I always will until the day I die.

• I think it is just like going asleep and not waking up

That's pretty much it realistically. Everything else such as religion and metaphysics are simply results of the fear of death and are entirely artificial and man made to try and justify that there is something to believe in and hang on to out of those fears and all to provide some level of comfort for those that would want to seek it as they may realize how absurd things are and may suffer from some kind of existential crisis or even despair.

But in the end it really won't make a difference. Everyone and every living thing that is ever born and brought into existence will suffer and then they ultimately and inevitably die. Once someone is brought into existence they must face the absurdity of existence, that they will eventually die, but for those that don't have the will to continue will just check out earlier because it would have been too much for them. It's pretty much either one or the other but in the end it's all the same and then we are eventually forgotten forever.

• They return to nature, from whence they came. Nothing ever ends in nature. But I don't believe our individual identity survives in any way. We make room for the new people...

• And why can you not accept that it's the end?

You shouldn't consider yourself so important. And I don't mean to sound insulting. None of us is important in the least. We're just a couple of ants on a tiny rock flying around in a vast universe.

Pretty much, the Universe don't give a flying fuck about what happens at all to anyone or anything within it.

I think we're even less than ants when compared to the entire universe, maybe more like bunch of particles of dust on an spherical solid object or matter.

Importance, worth, value, etc., are all entirely artificial, and man made concepts. All entirely subjective and are delusions as well. Whatever and whomever we hang onto is all because we feel and we think that they have any or some importance or meaning to us. It's just that we've developed an emotional attachment and desire for them. They only have meaning or worth for as long as we continue to feel those emotional attachments and desires for them.

• Well it's the end for one more person's life, everything else keeps going. It's tough for the people who are affected but there is no reason to believe otherwise. In my opinion God is a coping mechanism, there is nothing wrong with needing a coping mechanism.

Yep that was the term or vocabulary I was looking for. Damn, if only I had realize and found it sooner. Yep that's that one, "Coping Mechanism". People just believe because they want to hang onto something to bring them some level of comfort than to constantly feel an emptiness or even despair.

It's not just "god", but moreso the possibility of an "affterlife", but it's simply the results of the fears of death that people had in the very first place that they had to figure out a way to try and calm, reduce or take away those fears.

• No way to know for sure but it will probably be the same as it was before you were born, ie nothingness.

• Nothing, they just cease existing forever. This is the end, there's no heaven or hell, no eternal joy or damnation, things just end.

• you go, where you came from. you came from nothing and you will be nothing again. your whole body including everything that your "ego" is made out of has gathered over time to the thing that you call "I" and it will in the same way disperse again some day, transforming into other things with nothing of your "ego" left in it.

• Lights out, shows over. Why complicate it?

• they rot below the earth. that's it

• Honestly as a sarcastically logical pessimist, nothing will happen after... just dead, life over. However, there have been numerous reports of people "experiencing" heaven and actually dying before coming back to life, although it's human nature to think there's life after death, survival instinct and the desire to live but the bible fucked our logic with magical fantasy bullshit beliefs lmao.

Always have hope though!

It's just something they want to believe in and hang on to because they want some level of comfort and something to hope for. They rather hang on to delusions than admit that there really is just nothing and that eventually everyone and everything will die inevitably and become forgotten forever inevitably. Both religion and metaphysics are simply results of the fears of death and is completely artificial, humans made it to try and justify their very existence. Try to justify that our existence wasn't completely for nothing but our existence will eventually result in oblivion, regardless. After death, we are remembered briefly, and then eventually and inevitably forgotten forever.

Once someone is brought into existence and became aware that they will eventually die, then they must face the absurdity of existence, and if they don't, as some didn't, then they might lose it and hurt or end their own lives when they felt it is just too much for them, and then they give up entirely.

• i have no idea to be honest, but i will live my life to the fullest of its potential every of my life just in case there's nothing at the end.

• No idea
    I'm not curious anyways
    Just think you'll live once and do whatever you want to cause its the only chance

• you go to the barrier between life and death برزخ
    good perosn will live happily
    bad perosn wil be tortured and punsihed

• Your body breaks down until it is no longer cellular and not recognisable as ever having lived, except teeth, bones and hair.

• You enter the afterlife

I've encountered ghosts before and I KNOW that there is something after

I wish I could believe that...

Try seeking out the paranormal.
      I just stumbled on it myself but I'm sure there are ways you can see for yourself

• I don't know to be honest

But I don't believe in a heaven.

When I die I'm gone

Oblivion, we will all be eventually and inevitably forgotten after we're dead. For those that have done something really important and have some real impact on this world or it's population really recognized for in our lifetimes in this world, whether good or really evil, etc. will remain as memories for quite a long time, but that's about it. But eventually things can and will change and over time even those memories will all fade away and no one really cares since they were not present at the time when those people were still alive.

• It will not be the end , it will be the beginning.

• You spirit goes away and later on enter the world as a new human.

• :( I feel you. :'(
    (It's kind of ironic with your username, too. I'm sorry!)
    I don't know. Nobody does.

If it's any comfort, apparently when you're at death's door, nature makes your brain less abject to dying so you feel like it wouldn't be so bad any more.
      I hope that doesn't make it worse.
      I'm still conflicted about it.

The luckiest ones, well technically "least" unluckiest ones are those that had died comfortably in their sleep, such as during old age. Their heart and breathing stops permanently and then that's all, they leave this world without having to be wide awake and aware of their suffering such as aware and suffer from the whole process of struggling to breath, or feeling any or all the terrible agony or aches and pains while in their last moments. But this rarely occurs, more often than not these days I think most people will die from either a horrible accident or any kind of physical trauma, and that is definitely going to a process of much pain and suffering, or even worse from terminal illnesses that also comes with excruciating pain.

Painkillers and sleeping pills may be the only options left for someone's final days and moments if an illness is completely terminal and beyond any hope of being cured.

• Have you ever had surgery? Maybe knocked out to get your wisdom teeth pulled? That unaccounted for time is where you go... I have been there.

What Girls Said 11

• In Islam, once a person died, they will be left in a grave, questioned by angels, whoever did good deeds in their life will be waiting in the grave gracefully, with garden of flowers, and they can answer all the questions easily. If they're bad person, they will be whipped and can't answer the questions easily. and it will be continued until the doomsday.

after the doomsday, when everybody died, all of the dead body will be awaken, their soul will be there again, that's day of reckoning, where everybody will waiting for their turn, all the good deed/bad deed to be counted and they will cross a bridge that was built on the top of hell, cross straight to heaven, a bad deed will weighted more on that person, so whoever is bad, they will fail to cross the bridge, and fall into the hell, good person will cross the bridge straight to heaven. Everything is counted, even their crime that are not punished in the Earth, will be punished on that day-hell.

that's why Muslim believe Hudud's law, eventhough most people feel it cruel, but it is a punishment in the Earth, whoever already get the punishment, they will be free of the Doomsday punishment, meaning, they can skip the hell. Punishment in hell is thousand years long for a crime... and also, good people who is not doing any bad thing, will not be punish, even in Hudud's law or in the Reckoning day. So, Islam promote good deeds. ISIS? they never get those virgins, they will be punished in hell. nobody like murderers/rapist/bad people.

just explaination from Islam perspective. this is what we believe

• Nobody knows because there isn't a single truth, many people have different hypothesis.
    - Either it's the end, your body decays and the enzymes in your body will eat you out etc..
    - There is an afterlife , which I personally believe
    - Other people believe in reincarnation

• Your body starts decomposing and getting eaten by maggots. Afterwards you become nothing but bones or even dust.

That's about it. Life is back to normal, people are working, studying, minding their own business while you're at nothing. You're gone.

• Eternal sleep, that's comforting to me.

• It depends on the type of person that they were. I have the firm belief that most people go to Heaven. (Save for those who have committed terrible crimes like murder or drug sales, etc) Of course, for those who don't believe in this, I like to believe that they find peace in an afterlife somewhere.

• They just stop existing...
    That's that.

• I don't know
    Heaven?
    Maybe metempsychosis?
    I don't know what to believe

• They go to heaven or hell

• Reincarnation

• I think it's hard to accept becuase you just stop. Everything about you stops. Whatever you did on earth; the decisions you made, the people you met, the memories you made, how you treated people, things you've accomplished, like establishing a business, all of it kind of ends, or some of it can go on without you, especially if your business is bought or handed down to someone you trust. You rot away to never return.

• Heaven or hell.