Should I get a CD player? or a cassette player?

I know there are those with both option but I need one for traveling as well.
Something that would fit my in my crossbody bag. (and please no comments such as "we are in 2016, not 1880.. lol )

I think the cassette player is called a walkman, not sure.

But I don't know which one would be better. CD, or Cassette?
This is how they look (not the exact one I am looking for but similar)

Most Helpful Guy

• The CD player is called a walkman and will offer better sound quality. It is also easier to get whatever music you want for it. Old or new. You can also keep a ton of music on it and easily skip to the song you want.

The downside to a portable CD player is that it works by spinning a disk and having a lazer read it and that process is easily disturbed. Running or even running can disrupt the playback. Also, discs can scratch.

A cassette is cool because they are durable but people complain that the sound isn't as good. Yes you can record a cassette but usually this is an option left to big, heavy and clunky stereo's (boom boxes) and the quality will totally suck. The tapes can also jam on occasion which is super annoying.

Then you could get an MP3 player. Ipod's can be found for less than $150 these days and for less than $50 you could get an mp3 player, hell you could buy an android phone from a manufacturer called Blu. Cheap and great. Then songs are just a drag and drop away. They are very simple to use.

I highly suggest you get the blu

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_3

Most Helpful Girl

• Cassette.👌
    You know that anti shock but on the discman is a lie.

What Guys Said 23

• My question to you would be, "what are you going to primarily use it for? I know you said, you want to be able to put it in your Crossfit bag. Is that what you're going to use it for? If so, you';; want to consider the pros and cons of each. BTW: Walkman was Sony's marketing name.

CD Pros:
    -They don't wear out
    -You're able to burn a "mix CD" a lot faster than a mix tape assuming you have the right equipment
    -CDs are still readily available

CD cons:
    -It'll drain your battery fast if you can find one with a good "anti skip" feature
    -It's relatively big
    -CDs scratch

Tape Pros
    -They don't scratch
    -They give better (I think anyways) ranges of music

Tap Cons
    -The tapes weigh a LOT
    -They can get tangled if you're not careful
    -They'll start to degrade after about 100 times of listening

I hope you find what you're looking for. I have to say, this is the first time hearing someone your age looking for those things. I'm just glad you didn't ask for 8-trax.

Oh, for S&Gs
    https://www.beloit.edu/mindset/2020/

• What a strange thing to want lol
    Cassette player for sure

Walkmans are amazing. The days they made quality products

http://auldies.euweb.cz/r/Sony_WM_EX9_A.jpg

• Well first hand I had both growing up. there's pros and cons to both. I like tape you can fit more on them and you won't eat through batteries as fast. With good recording equipment that has Dolby B/C recording ability, tape does sound good. You can't go excercising listening to a tape though, the sound gets warbled. I used tape back in the day for those long afternoon school bus rides since I didn't wanna bring the whole CD wallet to hear one song off of a CD lol. (before burners were common). Portable CD, it sounds good, battery life sucks and skip protection is good nowadays to run a marathon. Every single one of my portable CD players seem to die and become in responsive rather quick though, just with everyday use. Still using my 1994 rca portable tape player though? I guess tape players are better built

• I'd actually go with the cassette player but the cassettes are hard to comeby so the cd player would be a good option. I love the cassette player by the way they remind me of simpler times

• It is a Walkman that plays the cassettes but only place you will find that is on eBay now since it's so out dated but would be smaller than a CD player

I actually still have a good one in my closet that also has the am/fm radio built in it, I still have about 60 prerecorded cassettes I bought in the 80s and 90s and some brand new blanks I never opened but you can't but a new one any more or the albums on cassette but I still see blank cassettes in stores and on eBay

No problem, but yeah it was definitely called a Sony Walkman cassette player now that I think about it , they actually stopped making them a few years ago which was surprising but poorer countries were still using them

sucks : p

I might have to see if my native country sells them

• www.ecmac.com/pr_images/ipodshuffle-spacegray.jpeg

Costs about $30 and you can get all the music for it for free.

Why would you want to buy outdated tech?

• CD players drain batteries fast. especially if they have a long " No Skip" function. Get a Walk man, they're solid.

You just have to make you're own mix tapes like back in the day. Also, most Walkmans have an FM/AM function.

• I like the CD with Am/ Fm Stereo Radio been quite sometime i had one

d2ydh70d4b5xgv.cloudfront.net/.../...20f99beb1.jpg

www.terapeak.com/.../

• walkman is much better, i still remember using walkman when i was a kid, its very awesome

• Is that you grandma 😂😂😂

lmaoo :D omg

by the way Eid Mubarak

Where you gonna find those things you put in a cassette lol
      Well whatever suits your boat

lol :p :p

• i think a CD player is best since CD are still sold in stores but cassettes not so much.

• There are many much better options but if you have to choose between these two, i would suggest cassette player.
    Cd player skips a lot.
    Be sure to pack extra batteries.

• Pick the cassette player, but I didn't know they still made them😂😂 ima get one too

• The hipster is stong in this one.. Why not current tech? I had a cd player and it always skipped and fucked up esp while moving.. when I was 10 lol.

loll :D
      I don't know, I don't like new techs :p I get bored of them easily.

Yeah I think I remember cd players now. It did used to get stuck a lot. I think I will go with cassette player

I remember having to wind up cassette players every now and then when they fucked up haha. I guess with a CD you can actually put any current/downloaded music onto it though.

• Id say cd as a cassette is going to be a pain to find but worth it if found. I actually think iv seen cassette players at walmart by the landline phones which are shoved in a corner. I have seen a cd/cassette combo player with radio but they are large and require i think 6 c batteries making it heavy. It is going to be hard to find cassetts though and cd's can also be rare these days. May i ask why you want one of these?

I used to have those so when I was trying to think of a way to play some lectures without having to look at my phone or computer, I thought of those.

Either will workreally. I know you don't want to hear it but you could always rip a cd or buy a casett to mp3 device (or make your own) and put the stuff on an mp3 player. Its not the same but an option.

• I would pick a CD player

• I-pod

• Walkmans have tendency to skip songs if you move them. On the other hand cd players are too big. Have you tought about getting mp3 player?

I had mp3 player and I didn't like it.
      I had cassette player too before but it was such a long time ago that I forgot how it was like,

• Are cassettes still sold?

• We are in 2016 not 1880.😼

omgg lolll dudee

Get both brah...
      Turning over the cassette to listen to a song on the opposite side was fun. #nostalgia
      I think I still have close to 100 audio cassettes of the top chartbusters From the past 💃🏻💃🏻

lol ohh and guess what?
      I finally ordered the blackberry !

• Anything support USB is more practical

USB doesn't get ruined easily
    Much more storage

• I dont think they make tapes any more for cassete players, so your next option will be cd

• Where you from? It's iPod and USB 😂😂. pixabay.com/.../donkey-1331466_1280.jpg

What Girls Said 3

• I would have to agree with @Lilmaninthewoods, @YaBaba, I think your Best Bet is CD player.
    Good luck. xx

• Oh God I love walkman. I'd buy one if they still sell it, like I still have tons of casettes in my place (and I'll be honest, my 1990s and early 2000s songs are still my jam till now). I'll get the casette one.

• I thought the cd player was called a walkman. Maybe they can both be referred to as that, who knows. I think the cd player is a better option, more variety since they have cd's these days and not cassettes, unless you already have some good cassettes of your own.