Short girls? Tall girls?

I'm 4'11' which is 150cm, I am always pressured by my mother to grow taller because "Guys dont like short girls" and that "Tall girl's look better in outfits" and "A girl looks better when she is tall" i get forced to wear heels that are so tall i have difficulties walking wearing them because "i'll look better if i am taller", I do not believe I'll grow any taller than this because my mother is short and i take after her... perhaps 155 or even 153cm is probably the height I'll be IF i grew taller. I'm really short and on top of that I get mistaken for a middle schooler and sometimes a 6th grader. You might be thinking who cares if you are short or tall and i side you with that, but hearing what my mom says and the society around me seems to prefer tall girls and that i "Don't look good" because im 150." So to really see if my mom is right with the "Guys dont like short girls" theory I'd like to ask you GUYS I'm 4'11 do you hate that? And I'm not saying 5'2 short kinda thing no my whole point is a 4'11 girl do you hate that?

Most Helpful Guy

• For me, it's how your height works with your frame (hopefully that made sense). Looking back on a few pictures, a few of the waitresses (Twin Peaks) were 4'11 by my estimation (based on where they came up on me since I'm 5'4"). She was hot as well (see pic below).

I'm like you, people think I'm younger than I am. I also REFUSE to wear platform shoes. My mom tried to get me into these in the past. One day I just called her out on it. She doesn't try any more. Point is, just stick to your guns.

Know what outfits look good for your body type (those waitresses sure did on theme nights). Hopefully you don't have a height requirement for the guy. I'm not saying if you do, that it's bad... it just will make some people go "REALLY?"

cdn.gifbay.com/.../...ood_wolf_eyes_pop-113810.gif

Most Helpful Girl

• wow, sorry your mom is saying this. It sounds like she wishes she were taller and she's projecting that on you. But you can't force yourself to grow taller - that's just how you are. The best thing you can do is embrace your own body. Wear heels if you want, but don't wear those that are too high and uncomfortable. Being mistaken for someone younger can get annoying, but once you are older you will like that you have a younger look! You'll find someone who loves your body and loves you for who YOU are.

You are so nice thank you so much!, that made me feel better really appreciate it.

What Guys Said 18

• No I think most guys like short girls tbh, they're cute and also because there's no pressure for the guy to be 6 feet tall. It's a sign of femininity and it'll make guys feel more protective, alpha and important.

• You know who's 4'11"? This chick
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...9b247b560a.jpg
    And what guy is gonna pass up a girl like her?

• Moms give terrible advice and yours is no exception: she's just projecting women's desires unto men. Women have an obsession with height, men don't. 4'11" is short but there's plenty of guys who won't give a f*ck.

• My crush right now is about your height, and she's sexy as fuck. I'm a really tall guy and I'm most attracted to short girls.

• I don't care about height, I'm 1m95 / 6'5" and I'm fine with shorties too. Even though 1m50 is pushing it haha

• your mom is a bitch. i love short girls... tall girls look weird. a short girl in platform heels is about the hottest thing there is.

• Yes that's short but most guys like girls to be shorter than them some a bit shorter some a lot so it's really tall girls that have it tougher dating wise.
    Your height isn't likely to be much of a problem dating wise.

• 4'11" is short and SEXY.

• lol guys like short girls more

• 4'11 is not even that short. There arey a lot of 5'7 guys for you or any guy in general

• Short girls are cute,😊

• 4'11 is very cute to me, don't worry a lot of guys like small girls. Even 4'11 small.

• haha, you're funny
    men love short girls and I'm one of those men

• i have a friend, who was engaged to a girl your height. she broke it off with HIM!

• I don't think there's anything wrong with dating are loving someone short. It's cute and sexy.

• They don't hate that, it's kinda bad to be 4'11"in the west, maybe some Indian and African American wouldn't care

They just want tall kids... How tall is your mom or dad?

• i love girls around 5'6 and up

• Men are much more divided on whether they like short or tall than women are.

On top of that, there's different regional biases, what's admired in north America is different from in asia or northern Europe for instance.

Personally... if a woman is 4'11' or 5' ... I find that a slight bonus, in terms of hotness.

I'm 6'3" for reference.

What do you like about a short girl?

@Rissyanne I find being way taller than her... Hot. Probably feeds into liking to be dominant. Seems like I should treat her as fragile and by contrast mauling her would be very very very wrong. Hot, but wrong ;)

Lol I am 5ft 2 and my boyfriend is 6ft 2. He loves me being short. I have a thing for tall guys.

What Girls Said 4

• I am short too but that doesn't bother me.
    And there are tons of guys out there.
    So there are guys that do like short girls
    but here is the thing, when you like someone, you just like them.
    You don't care about how tall they are or how short they are.

It only matters if you ponder on these things too much. The obsessiveness over height will only make you feel more insecure.

Don't think about it.

• I think taller is better
    but that s MY personal preference. I am short too by the way 5'4
    but there are people who like short girls as there are people you like average and tall girls.
    it can add to your charm sometimes for some

• From what I've seen, guys seem to like short girls so I don't think you'll have a problem there.

• I'm just barely 5'1" and I love being short and cute.