I keep playing the devil s advocate on this site?

I don t know but I feel recently we ve been having much more trolls or just genuinely stupid people
:/
I keep getting myself in those arguments that haven t anthng to do with me but it just pisses me off why people can be so rude and have no life to be be messing with people like that. Especially young ones... jeez those peeps easily get hurt and hence have their self esteem beaten down. I don t get the kick of it.
anw... anyone feeling me on this matter? people are getting nastier around here

2mo that have nothing *

Most Helpful Guy

• This place has really gone down the toilet I admit. Even to the point I dont feel comfortable writing anymore on here because some smartass is going to make a crack abut the fact I write about food and other stuff instead of at least trying to admire the fact that I can even write at all. This whole Alpha bullshit has gotten way out of control.

Most Helpful Girl

• We've had FAR too many trolls.

To the point where even I go "... This seems too far.. Is it a troll?" and don't bother commenting because of it.

Or see someone that has a very adverse opinion. I'll avoid the trolls like a poor person avoiding toll booths. XD

What Guys Said 26

• I usually play the devil's advocate in my questions, that's why I end up getting nasty messages cause they think I'm disagreeing with them when I'm simply just trying to get them to explain more and to see if they can defend their argument, even when I totally agree with what they say.
    I think it's fun, and a good way to learn, even though there isn't much to learn in GAG XD

But yeah, this site isn't as great as before, I feel like the people aren't as friendly as before.

• Inevitable when you have loads of 13-14 year olds with NO life experience except maybe getting picked up by a 20 year old, trying to give ADVICE to anyone.

• i anyone feeling you? I don't know. Is someone feeling you? Is it good? Oh wait! I see what you mean now. Never mind.

• In my experience it's best to just block people that go out of there way to be that way, block em and forget em. Or just ignore their opinions like they don't even exist, they'll forget about you.

Don't focus on the people that make you annoyed or pissed, focus on the genuine people, they're the ones you pay the attention to, talk to, converse with etc. Ignore all the rest.

I've been here for 3 years and that's what I've done.

• I rarely if ever take issue with how others feel over what I say to them or about them. Offence and hurt over words is always taken, not given. If they don't like what I say, then that is solely their own problem.

• Look at it from my PoV, the more bitter rage i see on here, the more smug i feel about my own life lol.

• To quote @cheergirl38139, ignore those fucktards. They're not worth your energy and time. "Beating" them in an argument doesn't accomplish anything.

• welcome in my world

if someone writes bullshit I feel the need to comment. I've never been a big fan of the Islam, but I'm even defending religions on here now -_-

by the way. devils advocate would be if you'd try defending the behavior of the trolls and not the opposite :P

Devil a advocate is defending someone else than yourself
      In a cause you don t partake in

"someone who pretends, in an argument or discussion, to be against an idea or plan that a lot of people support, in order to make people discuss and consider it in more detail:"
      dictionary.cambridge.org/.../devil-s-advocate
      http://www.dictionary.com/browse/devil-s-advocate

in short: discuss in favour of the other, unpopular side.
      in this case it would be arguing pro trolling

that's why it's called DEVIL's advocate. because it's the unpopular side. If it would just be defending anyone else then it would make no sense :P

• Well honestly losers come out through the wood work, ESPECIALLY if you can be anon, like this site. Literally half of what people say on here they would NEVER say in real life. Its all just talk. Even I can admit I say some stuff here I wouldn't say in person but I don't ever try to start shit randomly with anyone that doesn't deserve it... fucking sad.

• nah, people are too sensitive.

• What i can't stand are all those alpha questions, as if somebody cares lol

• Like JRR Martni said to JRR Tolkien
    I got a 2nd breakfast for all them goofy fucks
    Lift up my gut and tea-Baggins my nuts!

• I know what you mean that is why i stay away from all arguments and try to help and support people to the best of my ability.. I get people come on comments with their display of hate so i just report them or turn the deaf ear.

I try that sometimes :p
      sometimes..

oh yea?
      did I know you?

No, i don't think i knew you but this site can be so full of hate
      i keep asking myself when is the Administrators going to take
      action against people.

• GAG should restrict the number of anonymous posts, and require users to upload at least 3 pictures. I can sense there are a few trolls around

• There are some nasty f*cks who can only try to spread their negativity and misery, Some try to disguise it as humour or even as fighting racism lol But, That's all bullshit.

• dunno if i got anything to do with this, but i can admittedly be a harsh asshole in some things that i post, or at times just be a plain dick.

if that's the case, my apologies to those i may have offended, i'll be good now 😢

• 1|0

hahahha true
      but it s more about others than me.
      I got used to it lol

yeah cause I matter and I'm going to argue that point

and it's going to come back to the fact for the picture that I posted

• Too many assholes on here. 😡.

• Different people different personality different views

• It helps me when women and men give heir opinions, as long as their not just being mean. I appreciate women's thoughts.

• aw you poor little thing (sarcasm)

• the problem is not you, it's the stupid questions that are asked on here, followed by the stupid answers. some people are literally on here just to get the points, so, they put shitty questions and shitty answers because they know they can get away with it

• Welcome to the Internet. That's what people do when it happens to them. They feel safe with their anonymity. Most of the Internet is trolls who get picked on or are losers in the real world.

• never

• Sorry OP ill leave the little blond girl alone.

good :P

Okay. But im not xper lvl 2 yet

I was just trying to be funny 😅

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• I feel you 100%. Influxes of trolls like the one we seem to be experiencing as of late come in waves. I'm definitely guilty of getting into far too many bitchfits at times like that. Thinking I'll be able to reason with them to no avail every goddamn time.

I usually just take 2-3 days off from the site when that happens. I'll still check into for the pm's but I steer clear of reading any questions/opinions because I know it'll more than likely backfire. 🙈

• There are many bitter, socially awkward, frustrated, jealous people on this site who really need to take a chill pill and have a head over their shoulders!
    I totally agree with you!

• There's definitely an influx of people who like to spread negativity, what their motives are, it's hard to say. Unfortunately there is only so much we can do about them unless they directly violate any of the rules of the site, though there are a few in mind who - in my opinion - are deserving of being removed regardless of their lacking or straight up cussing people out due to their negativity.

But even then, that doesn't stop them from making a new account.

All you can do is ignore them, refuse to feed them, block them or what have you.

• I used to do that when I was new. Sometimes I still type out an entire paragraph blasting someone and then think, you know what? It's not worth it. I have made it a habit to do this.

I remember you :P

Haha thanks. I have to admit this place has gone down hill. Even to the point where I have to make sure I watch what my takes are about.

• No one is getting meaner, you're just rising to the bait more. I just make jokes with trolls when it's clear they're trolling. If someone is being arrogant or annoying then I just stop replying. I just need to figure out how to get a giftcard, I have enough points

• There are a lot of people whose "question" is basically stating a dumb opinion and asking if others agree. Then they argue with whoever doesn't agree. If people really have fun doing that, I guess it's better than getting in real fights, lol.

do you mean me now or what? :p

Haha no, I'm thinking mostly of people who post sexist opinions or other offensive statements.

• People that get easily butt hurt, makes me want to upset them to the extreme.

• Stop taking this site so seriously.

it s not about that
      some comments are really hurtful to some

• There are some 'negative Nancy's' on here, that's for sure, but you just gotta invest in the awesome people, they're here too, you just gotta look a little harder (amongst all the trolls lol).

I haven't even been here for a full year yet but I do feel like G@G is slowly being taken over by idiots/trolls/negative people, so I understand where you're coming from.

• You think ur bad?

• it happens with me all the time! it sucks