Do you support feminism?

do support feminism?
feel free to give your thoughts or opinions on as to if u do or don't support feminism

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• No. They lie too much.

Most Helpful Girl

• no. i feel it's stupid to be equally treat like a man
    i do feel special as a lady, and it doesn't mean I can't do things on my own, if a lady is independent, it's an extra. no need to be brag about how good we are just like a man

What Guys Said 31

• Yea & only so long as feminism doesn't mean male bashing all the while. I support women's right to equality & dignity without encouraging unnecessary competition

• Yes, I support feminism because feminism has nothing to do with what people here on GaG seem to believe. Too many people these days inform themselves on shitty websites like Facebook instead of actually picking up a book by a feminist and reading it cuz oh that's just toooo much work.

100% agree. I am glad not everyone on this site is a dumbass even though most are...

• No because the premise itself is wrong and sexist and its actions have shown that it is also wrong and sexist. The basic premise of feminism is that men are oppressors and women the oppressed. However if you actually look at all the facts instead of just half of them you will see women where actually better off then men where. For instance the argument that women couldn't work is a lie, in fact women not only could work and did but the goal for women was to not work. Women where banned from working mines in the late 1700's or early 1800s (I forget the precise date), the reason being was that it was deemed too dangerous for women. This in fact disproves most of everything feminist claim, not only did women work (since they where banned from a particular occupation) but it also proved that women where catered to as the work was considered to dangerous for women but not men and the boys who worked them. Feminist claim coveture was about controlling women, when in fact coveture meant that a man would get a womans property IF she married him and that was specificly because he was now financially responsible for her (which was why a woman could divorce her husband if he was not providing for her (or if she felt he was not providing enough) so he had to pay the taxes on the land he had to pay off her debts (and in fact if she incurred a debt while married it was the husband who would be arrested for it) so the only logical conclusion was that he should have control over the land since he was the one forced to be responsible for it. Same goes for voting men couldn't vote either. In fact they did not get the right to vote in the US until 1853 or 67 years before women did. Then of course feminist claim this is sexism completely ignoring the fact that the reason men got the right to vote less then one generation before women did was because they where conscripted, in the more commonly known military capacity but also in bucket brigades where they had to put out fires and pull people from burning buildings as well as for police in the formation of posses and restraining of criminals all of which where mandatory simply because they where male and all of which where incredibly dangerous something women never had to do and still do not have to do. In England universal male suffrage didn't even occur until after WWI. Then they perpetuate stereotypes that benefit women and hurt men like men being rapist despite the fact that data shows women are as likely to rape a man as

a man is to rape a woman: http://time.com/3393442/cdc-rape-numbers/
      That men are abusers when in fact men are actually more likely to be abused by their wife/mother then a woman is: www.saveservices.org/.../
      and an interesting fact that feminist ignore is that one, abusing women has never been acceptable hence every story from the middle ages and beyond pretty much having the good man being the one that treats women well and the bad one being the one that abuses women, and two that men where punished for hitting women historicily, flogging being one method of punishment AND they where punished for being the victim of domestic violence with a practice called "riding the donkey backwards": http://www.fact.on.ca/Info/dom/george94.htm
      Then of course feminist stripping men of all reproductive rights as they fought for women to have the right to abort a child without the fathers consent yet also fought for the right to said fathers money if they wished to keep the child.

It's usually fat or ugly girls who are upset and are trying to take mens rights away becuase no one wants them. Feminism is just female supremacy behind closed doors that pretend on through media, society and culture that it's about discrimination against women.

The truth is since feminism started there's more discrimination and misogyny against women in today's modern times than before during patriarchy becuase feminism has created division between the sexes, sexism, destroyed relationships, promoted a toxic society and created MGTOW. MGTOW never existed before but it had to be created to counter attack the feminist establishment because feminism is becoming indoctrinated in to the west like radical Islam is in the middle east. Feminism is very toxic.

@Mrwoo99 Hence my statement. And I don't think its any different behind closed doors then it is open ones, its fairly apparent to any one that they are clearly in it for themselves as they have actively created discrimination against men and created insane issues and mistreatment that couldn't exist otherwise. The fact is they make money and they get power by doing this so that's why they keep at it, not because of any claim of women beign oppressed (which of course as I pointed out has never occurred).

• Yes, but depending on the feminism. I feel that it'd do a ton of good in India and African & Middle Eastern nations where women are treated like pure trash.

However, I don't believe in modern first-world feminism. During the suffrage movement, yes, but I believe that men in first-world countries face just as much discrimination as women do. Below are examples...

1) During divorce, women are instantly given full custody of the kid (s) in an overwhelming majority of cases.

2) It's "sexist" for men to hit women because men are biologically built to be stronger, but for women to hit men with the same degree of disadvantage that comes in the social stigma of the men hitting them back is "equal opportunity".

3) When girls ogle guys, it's because their sexuality is "naturally beautiful and must be embraced"; when guys ogle girls, they're "not gentlemen and their behavior is vile and must be contained". Commonly, people who have that logic also believe that men "can't truly be rape victims": things may be said such as "If you had an erection, it wasn't rape" or "What kind of WUSS gets raped by a *girl*?"

I believe that there should be a "gender equality" movement in first-world countries instead of just ones that focus mainly on only women's issues (feminism) or on men's issues (masculism).

• I support feminism... not feminazis

• Asker you're up voting only those who say no, you seriously lost all my respect after this and your question against gay marriage.

I hope you realise that feminism is the only reason right now you're able to be online.

First non-funny post I've seen of yours and its a great one.

not me :)

Pac-Man I don't only up vote people who said no and second if I up vote someone's opinion it's because I like that persons opinion and what they have to say and I'm allowed to ask any question I want or give a opinion about something this website was called girlsaskguys for a resign and everyone is entitled to there opinion

• FUCK NO

• I support the equality between men and women while respecting the natural differences between both genders and the consequences it might have in some areas.

• I do support it, yes. Women deserve their hard-fought equality.

• I support the concept but not the means nor the current execution. Things like FCKH8 just make everything worse and don't actually resolve the problem.

• No way. I support cook my meals clean my house and in return I put a free roof over your head

• On your poll you should of had a third option... I would of put 'hell no'.

l ya I should have put that or I could have put hell to the no lol

• No, their movement was hijacked by people from other more extreme movements. Its not about equality anymore.

The ideas like sexual objectification and rape culture and race and gender being a social construct is bullshit that has nothing to do with feminism.

• gifsec.com/.../HAHA-NO-GIF.gif?gs=a
    Too many crazy man haters. There might be a very small percentage of sexist companies in terms of a 'wage-gap', but there are many valid reasons why someone might make more or get raises more. Plus with all the ambulance chasers and massive corporations, I think it's safer for sexist people to just put aside the bullshit and treat everyone pretty equally with regards to pay.

• There is no feminist movement in my country and women have the same rights as men probably more when it comes to divorce and child custody. As someone looking from the outside, feminist do look a bit crazy eg Air Conditioning is sexist? Wtf

• Yes , I am a hardcore feminazi.

Free the boobs now.

• As a whole, not really. Though I've certainly commend what the feminist have done in the past, Theyve organised an activism to finally allow women to vote. I think if such an idea wasn't thought of, women wouldn't even still be allowed to vote today which certainly is a contradiction against democracy.

Also what the feminist are fighting for in developing world. Such as justice for acid attack victims in India.

Yeah yeah I know, oh what about the crazy feminists in the west 😡😡😡!!! Lel stfu, the people who tells me that are the same people who says not all cops are pigs hashtag #bluelivesmatter but then says ohh all feminists are crazy feminizi men hating zlutss. Oh cherry picking now eh? Not generalising when it's suits your views? Lel

• um could you define ur form of it. please don't just say ya know the normal kind or whatever details please. like ur top wants or ideas to change.

• It depends whose asking.

Third world woman? Yes.

Rural red state woman? Yes

High schooler who doesn't spend her time on Tumblr? Probably.

University student, especially anyone who did a degree with 'studies' in it, no.

Stem student, maybe.

• i do support but wrogly i chose no :(

• No. I am all for equality, but feminists have proven time and time again that that is not what they are interested in.

• Depends on where it is.

In countries that I consider either competitors and/or enemies (mainly EU/NA) -- yes, I do support it's development over there; it has many negative effects on economy, social & cultural aspects that have kept those countries afloat to begin with, military, birthrates and overall harmony between sexes, which is incredibly useful in terms of geopolitics for us.

In my country -- no, of course I don't support it and never will.

Why do you see the EU as an enemy?

@AdamThomas
      Well, slightly more as a competitor and slightly less as an enemy.
      As an actual military enemy EU is a joke; however, EU is an obedient minion to the US and hence allows presence of their nukes, rockets and military bases on it's soil, plus expansion of NATO to the east (which was a violation of an agreement we made years ago).
      For those reasons alone (they aren't the only ones; I'll get tired writing down *all* the reasons) they should be constantly in our crosshairs.

The fact that they've decided to ruin their societies, cultures, military and economy, all of it long-term via feminism can only be applauded.

• nope i don't

• Nope.

• I'm alright with it because I do believe there is still a wage gap in some jobs. I wouldn't say I feel as strongly about it or would go as far with my support as a stereotypical "feminist" would though.

• WOW
    It's a literal 50/50 answers on 50/50%

Anyways, I don't see a reason to. WHY should we support it? Every reason I've heard is either stupid, not an issue, mythological, one-sided, or radical.

Feminism doesn't need men. Maybe in history or in places like the 3rd world, but anywhere else? Nope. We're not needed and it's digging your own grave

• Yes, to a degree.

• Which one of the 1000+ (of often conflicting) branches of feminism do you mean exactly?

• i rather die than support it

Innit who supports extremism

Lol exactly

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• Of course. any woman AND man should. I won't go into details why, cause i have several times in the million other questions that have been asked on this topic on this websites and this site has proven to be filled with nothing but ignorant retards who think all feminists are feminazis. Not worth my time.

• No because they hate women.
    I've been called a bitch and body shamed by feminists and men.

I admire first and second wave, but some causes of today are overblown in my opinion.

• I believe that women should have the rights, and support the form of feminism that used to exist. Current feminism is dangerous is al sexes and genders with their extremism and twisted views. I know men who can't take their kids to a playground or shopping centre because others view them as paedophiles. If a man opens a door for a women he risks getting a verbal lasging from her. A woman who wants to (because it's what she prefers or believes in) or needs to (for financial or medical reasons) be a stay-at-home mother has been orrupted and enslaved by men.

So no. I do not support this abomination. I'm an equalist.

• Yes, I do. Mainly because I've read what it's about and I can't see the problem with basic feminism. It's when people's imaginations get overblown when they hear it. Like the end goal is somehow a reversal where men become second class citizens, that seems ludicrous to me.

So you have read andrea dwarkins books? Her being an academic feminist and all? So you would then agree with her that all sex is rape? Also feminism isn't a reversal as women where never second class citizens, unless your going to tell me it was women who slaved away in the fields to give everything they have over to men, where imprisoned for their husbands debt and who where forced to fight and die in wars?

Women where not citizens? Really? so the men who had no right to vote who could and where punished for their wives actions who where legally and socially obligated to give their resources over to their wives (something still in practice today) who where forced into conscripted services for the police (posses) for fire (bucket brigades) and military (as soldiers/fodder) who where expected to stay behind and die if it meant a womans survival (Birkenhead drill, hence only a 100 women dying during the sinking of the titanic vs the 1358 men) expected to fight to the death for a womans honor, they where citizens but women where not and where second class citizens (well second class non citizens)? Strange view of things, its almost as if you don't know history. But that's to be expected of some one who is so sexist as to claim that all men oppressed all women through out all of history (because lets be honest you have to be sexist to believe that).

So you don't agree with NOW's stance on fathers rights, basicly that they should have none? Or their and most every other feminist groups stance on how women should have the right to choose parenthood (abortion) but men have no say in the matter (childsupport) which gives women the right to kill a mans child and also the right to take away his money (and prevent him from seeing his child)? How about the gender sentencing gap where women get a third of the sentencing for commiting the same crime, that is if they even get to that point as most get off with next to no consequence (hence a 30 year old teacher who raped a ten year old student having to keep the door open when she taught and that's it)? How about your stance on hermmseman vs seyer which lets a woman sue for child support even if she raped the victim or otherwise illegally acquired the mans sperm without his consent?

• Depends which kind. Modern, third-wave feminism is quite annoying, feminism that actually means something is worth supporting.

• I support women's rights but not the mutated abomination that feminism has turned into were feminists blame men for everything and want to castrate them. One of biggest horse shit recently was man's planning. Can all feminists leave our men alone.

• yeah i do

• I don t support extremism

• I support the destruction of gender profiling.

• I support feminism when it isn't man hating or putting men down. I support it when it's for equality. But I'm not blinded towards the fact that men can do things better than women. Or that women can do things better than men.

• I don't know too much about it. Although it seems like a popular topic here. :/