What company makes you the maddest?

What company do you always get irate while talking or thinking about? Maybe it's their terrible service? Maybe they ruled you off once. Maybe you don't like their political stance on something.

It seems like everyone has that one business that really irks them. What's yours?

211

Most Helpful Guy

• If I had to name one single company, it would be Nestlé. Sadly, that's even a company of my own country. Though there are a few others like it, Nestlé is easily one of the most evil companies on the planet. It is not just active here in Europe but also in the US, Canada, east Asia and all over the world. They sell tons of different things, mostly related to food. The variety goes from cereals over ready-made tomato sauce to milk powder for infants. Often when you don't know for sure who produced a certain, food-related product, there's a good chance Nestlé is somehow involved.

Now, what's actually evil about Nestlé? Well, there would be tons of crazy stories to tell about this company but the most insane one involves water:
    The CEO and head of Nestlé, Peter Brabeck (a multi-billionaire by the way) has publicly stated that in his opinion, fresh water is a commodity, not a human right. Under his lead, Nestlé is buying up hundreds of small water sources all over Africa and central Asia. If they can't get the water sources because the local village people protest, Nestlé bribes their governments with fishy deals. Because Nestlé is a multi-national, ultra-powerful company, they always get what they want, one way or the other. Once they own the water source, they take it away from the local people and fill the water up into bottles which they sell for a price that almost none of these poor farmers and craftsmen can afford. Nestlé then ships these water bottles to Europe or America and sells it as "local water" at a very low price. Due to this policy, thousands of families in poor countries have died and are dying every year, including hundreds of little children. They die a very slow and horrible death because they simply can't find any water anymore for their animals or themselves. It's like Nestlé coming to your house and saying "you can't drink from your tap anymore, this water now belongs to us. And don't even think about going to your neighbors because their water also belongs to us". So maybe you would ask them "Okay, how am I supposed to live without any water?" and Nestlé simply goes like "Hey, we don't give a fuck if you live or die, we just want the money". Several human rights' organizations have tried to fight Nestlé legally but Nestlé has billions of dollars and the very best lawyers.
    In fact, Brabeck (the CEO) even admitted that he believes that poor people "have no intrinsic value" and thus their death is insignificant. He has also once said

• that poor or middle class people should not be allowed to vote. He has this insane phantasy of living in a world where a tiny number of filthy rich people govern the planet and treat all "normal" people like unimportant chess pieces that he can hurt or kill whenever he sees fit. And remember, this is not some kind of crazy idiot on crystal meth, this is the boss of one of the biggest and most powerful companies on the planet. If that isn't scary, I don't know what is.

• Wow! I had no idea about this. I'll do some reading on the subject. What can we do?

• Well the only real thing we can do as normal people is use our consumer power to boycott NestlĂ©. Unfortunately, this can be pretty difficult sometimes because their name doesn't always stand on the products they sell (they've got almost 9,000 products in their portfolio).

If you want to read up on it, I suggest to start on this site:
      www.zmescience.com/.../
      They seem to have done a nice job at putting some of the craziest stuff about Nestlé together.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 10

• EA, aka Electronic Arts. I despise their cynical DLC policies, their insistence on a dedicated platform for their shitty games, and their complete contempt for their customers as they recycle the same crappy games and concepts over and over again.

Fido, my current phone provider. Their customer service staff know absolutely nothing. I went into one of their stores for help and after waiting 20 minutes, the girl I talked to literally shrugged her shoulders and said she didn't know anything about iPhones, and to call their helpline. Their customer escalation specialists ignore the contents of your email (I specifically said I don't want callbacks) and persisted in telling me to call them - but then never answered their supposedly direct line. I am paying a small fortune for their shitty service that doesn't work well in my apartment or in many other places where my friends' phones work fine. I have been standing outside on a bright clear day with five bars and had no data service.

My previous phone provider, Three. All their customer support staff are in India and barely speak English, refuse to deviate from their scripts, and are not helpful. I worked in contact centers myself so have a lot of patience and understanding for how hard a job it is, and yet they were the first and so far only company to drive me to screaming and yelling at them over the phone. They even sent debt collectors after me, ten years after I had had my bank cancel a payment to Three on the advice of Three's customer service department!

• Starbucks and Walmart. Starbucks is overpriced and overrated. Walmart is depressing and the lines always take for... e... ver...
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...c6c783ce0d.jpg

• Walmart. I have never in my life seen a store that builds itself up to be so much but in actuality offers such bad service and poor quality! The reason they have to roll back prices is because it's the only way to get customers!

• AT&T

• Apple: Didn't add earphone dock to iPhone 7
    Walmart: On the Walmart website, you can set your town to see whats in stock, half the time the stuff in stock on the site are not in real life
    Samsung: FALSE ADVERTISING IN MY EXPERIENCE
    Microsoft: Not very convenient
    Sony: False advertising, but not worse than Samsung
    Lays: Barely fucking any chips in the bags!

• I JUST BROKE MY SAMSUNG PHONE PLAYING GEOMETRY DASH FROM ANGER AND NOW IM EVEN MORE MAD!!!

• Comcast Cable. A reputation for the worst customer service in America.

Any company where you have to get customer service or tech support.

• Monsanto

• Girlsaskguys. com

• Apple

• right now... APPLE

What Girls Said 2

• Bell Canada and Rogers.

Fuck them.

• the honest company