How do I go by driving a insured car home?

So i in decided to buy a car before i take my road test next month. so my girlfriend who of age and who is a insured driver will be driving the car home for me. But i dont wanna get her in trouble for driving a insured car. What should we do? Am thinking we should get temp plates n temporary day registration. Buy what about insurance? she will be driving the car not me so not point in me getting insurd right? only drivimg it home n parking it then done.

Most Helpful Guy

• If she has insurance she's covered to drive it.
    You can get insurance coverage for the car before you buy it - it's called a binder.

This is a question for your insurance agent - not the dumbshits on a internet forum. :)

Thank you for not pointing out my typle o.. am in a rush to work so didn't notice it till now. My girlfriend does have full car insurance. We are buying the car from a 3rd party and don't wanma get insurance for it till i pass my road test. Would do u recommend we do? I would call my dmv but everything is closed till tm. The car will be in my name but she will be the one driving it not me.

If she has full coverage insurance she's covered to drive any car.

Thank you gonna get my own and add her as the 2rd driver

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Dude what are you asking? I think you're using "insured" incorrectly.

Uninsured sorry didn't notice the typle o

No worries man.

It really depends on where in the world you're located and if it's a new or used car. If she has a really great insurance company she might be ok to drive.

NYC and she does but am juat gonna get my own and put her as the 2rd driver.

• I assume you mean uninsured?

Yes typle o sorry still not use too my lg2

• Uninsured?

Yes didn't notice tbe typle o was rushing work soon

• Only thing you can do legally besides getting it insured and registered is to have it towed

I plan on getting it registered but am asking how can i drive it too get it registered? my girlfriend has full car insurance and she will be the kne driving it not me

Yea i decided to just get the car insured and put my girlfriend as the 2rd driver.

Yeah the insurance deposit is probably the same it would have cost you to have it transported which would have been a waste of money since now you have some time on it to use it but that was only safe thing to thing to do