How do I go by driving a insured car home?

So i in decided to buy a car before i take my road test next month. so my girlfriend who of age and who is a insured driver will be driving the car home for me. But i dont wanna get her in trouble for driving a insured car. What should we do? Am thinking we should get temp plates n temporary day registration. Buy what about insurance? she will be driving the car not me so not point in me getting insurd right? only drivimg it home n parking it then done.

0|0
0|5

Most Helpful Guy

• If she has insurance she's covered to drive it.
    You can get insurance coverage for the car before you buy it - it's called a binder.

This is a question for your insurance agent - not the dumbshits on a internet forum. :)

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Thank you for not pointing out my typle o.. am in a rush to work so didn't notice it till now. My girlfriend does have full car insurance. We are buying the car from a 3rd party and don't wanma get insurance for it till i pass my road test. Would do u recommend we do? I would call my dmv but everything is closed till tm. The car will be in my name but she will be the one driving it not me.

• 2mo

If she has full coverage insurance she's covered to drive any car.

• 2mo

Thank you gonna get my own and add her as the 2rd driver

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.

What Guys Said 4

• Dude what are you asking? I think you're using "insured" incorrectly.

0|0
    0|1
    • 2mo

Uninsured sorry didn't notice the typle o

• 2mo

No worries man.

It really depends on where in the world you're located and if it's a new or used car. If she has a really great insurance company she might be ok to drive.

• 2mo

NYC and she does but am juat gonna get my own and put her as the 2rd driver.

• I assume you mean uninsured?

0|0
    0|1
    • 2mo

Yes typle o sorry still not use too my lg2

• Uninsured?

0|0
    0|1
    • 2mo

Yes didn't notice tbe typle o was rushing work soon

• Only thing you can do legally besides getting it insured and registered is to have it towed

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

I plan on getting it registered but am asking how can i drive it too get it registered? my girlfriend has full car insurance and she will be the kne driving it not me

• Show All
    • 2mo

Yea i decided to just get the car insured and put my girlfriend as the 2rd driver.

• 2mo

Yeah the insurance deposit is probably the same it would have cost you to have it transported which would have been a waste of money since now you have some time on it to use it but that was only safe thing to thing to do