How do you feel about transgender people?

I don't have a problem with them as people, but if i'm with a girl and i find out that she was once a man then i'm going to be mad. Can't lie. People can say that sex doesn't define gender all they want but i want but i don't agree with that at all.

• I'm fine with them.
  • I have a problem (Explain)
  • I don't care it's their life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Im fine with them, but I wouldn't consider them either a guy or a girl, they're simply "trans gendered" (but I will of course always call them by the gender term they prefer), a male-to-female trans is not going to be female in my eyes because thats just biology, they are going to remain as "trans" even if they get gender reassignment surgery, because biology and science has shown that trans people have a brain thats a tad different from their own gender and the opposite gender.

I can agree though with you that I would certainly want to know if my partner used to be a girl before dating me. Honesty is vital in any relationship I get into.

Most Helpful Guy

• My biggest problem is that it's turning into a fad like having a gay son was when it started to be socially acceptable.

"look how open minded I am".

Having anyone under 18 claim to be transgender, without an honest medical review, worries me massively. I've seen people do interviews with those as young as 5 claiming to be born the wrong gender. Who thinks about gender when they are 5? The difference kicks in at puberty.

What Girls Said 16

• I want them to feel as accepted as anyone else, because I'm sure a lot of transgender people have had trouble to even accept themselves. Mostly I just don't like when people are picked on for being different. So even if I don't understand, or if it makes me uncomfortable, I'm not going to be someone who puts them down.

But i understand about how you would feel also. It's a kind of a touchy situation to be able to mentally separate gender as a mentality and gender or sex as a physical form. So to be honest, I might feel uncomfortable to date a guy and find out they were born a female. It's a tough convo.

• I don't think about them really. We don't have a debate about Transgenders over here so we don't really think about it, we have more important issues.
    I just know for sure that I wouldn't date one because for me, gender is binary and you're either born a man, or a woman unless you're born hermaphrodite.

• I'm fine with them. I wouldn't have a problem dating a trans person at all and I have no problem forming close friendships with them as I have done in the past. I'm glad they're making themselves happy, that's the ultimate goal in life and I like seeing people achieving it, and I'm glad that it's done in a way that has little effect on others.

• More than fine. I am very supportive and wish that we can all be more accepting and not treat them any differently.

I even have some fantasies, but that is going off-topic.

• I honestly could care less how they live their lives as long as it doesn't affect me in a bad way they can identify as a jack o lantern and I won't care.

• I'm fine with transgender people as a whole-of course, liking someone or disliking is based on the individual unless they're like... a puppy killer racist or something

• I'm fine with them, I'd feel the same in a situation for a guy who was once a girl.

• Doesn't bug me. That's their decision.

• The only thing that annoys me is that they don't have a clue in what they are
    One said me "I'm a girl" and after 5 min "I'm a guy" .
    Well that's annoying. And yea I don't wanna have a boyfriend like that

But anyways as for the social life I have nothing against them

• So if you're girlfriend doesn't have a penis anymore but used to have one you'd be upset?

• The ones that I know are cool

• I'm fine with them. I'm friends with one.

• Real men have balls that work. If they can't get me pregnant, they're not a man.

• it's not right thay should stay as the gender they were born as

• Why should I have a problem with something that affects me as an individual in no way? Let people make their own personal choices and subsequently answer for them (if need be).

• I have no problem with them.

What Guys Said 19

• They can do whatever they want with their body but I don't truly see them as being the gender they identify as. For the sake of maintaining the peace I will call them whatever they prefer but I would not date one.

• I'm totally cool with it and I respect the struggle they go through.

I have to admit though, I woudn't date a woman if I knew she was transgender. I know that sucks but I might as well just be honest.

• I am of the same opinion as you.

• if born that way no issue

if they purposely did that too themselves
    then yes you are weird to me

• I have no problem but in any potential relationship they have to be open with me about being transgender.

• Its not right, people are just insecure and dont accept them selfs

Not accepting themselves would mean pretending to be something they're not, not coming out as something that could potentially bring them harm.

@cipher42 Right! Just be yourself, i wish i was taller or sometimes i wish i was a girl! but to bad to sad that's the way i was born, god made us the way we are right new, so accept yourself

@Classyguy97: Gender isn't the same thing as sex though. Sex is biology, gender is mental and social.

• I love them. I don't think their gender issues are the best thing for them, but we all have our issues, insecurities and areas of dissatisfaction. They are part of the eternal one spirit of love, so when I look beyond all the issues, sex etc, I lust love them like I love my"self". Simple

• In general I don't care. But if I found out that the girl I liked was once a man I would run away.

• As people, I'm fine with them. However, I find their lifestyle repulsive.

• I'm against it I see it an abomination almost, totally against nature.

• The ones that are just crossdressing and do not look like the gender they are trying to be bother me. Like if I can look at you and tell within a half a second you're the other gender, it's not cool. Sorry.

Gender isn't the same thing as sex. And why do you care about other people's clothing preferences anyhow?

• Only ok if born with both parts

• Can't say I disagree with you, my friend.

• I don't really care, but I think there is something wrong in their brain

• I don't care it's their life.

• They have to deal with a problem we are not (as a society) very good at dealing with. To the extent that lots of people don't even believe in the existence of the problem.

I've read the science behind it, so I have some understanding of it. And to that extent, I'm okay with it. I'm less tolerant (I freely admit) of the self-diagnosed tumblr twats who want to divide gender into something like 15 rainbow coloured inventions.

• I would be completely fine with a trans girl. I have no problem with your take though. Just as long as you don't get violent with them because of it.

• They are a problem. But there are are (((someone))) behind them.

• I've no problem with them, however, that doesn't mean i don't like the jenners and kardashains. just because kaitlyn is ts, doesn't mean i have to LIKE her. i still respect her