So giving short replies is usually the best indicator someone doesn't want to talk to you through text?

Aside from just blatantly telling you they don't want to talk to you that is

True or false?

• True, aside from telling you outright they don't wish to speal with you, giving short replies is the best indicator of that
  • False there are other better ways to get that message across

Most Helpful Guy

• It usually true but not always. What if they are busy or doing something?

The best indicator if someone doesn't want to talk to you is simply they don't reply at all ( or take 30min+ to reply)

What Guys Said 10

• No offense, but how do you get to that point, thinking he doesn't want to talk to you, JUST because he gives short replies?
    Guys are usually simple, and easy to understand, and we like simple answers, and HATE long, lingering questions with a lot of 'babble'!!
    It's OK, and most of us assume that women sometimes need to 'talk out' what they think, and sometimes put it in emails, to us.
    We aren't like that, and just respond to your questions with 'Yes/No' and you get angry!! WTF?
    You shouldn't assume that ANY guy can understand your thought process, though some of us try!!!
    If you don't want to be perpetually frustrated with 'HIS' responses, take the time to understand him, and REALIZE, that in 'GUY TALK' he answered your question, with a 'yes' or 'no'!! Even though you anticipated a lengthy conversation, and discussion about how each feels!! Guys don't do that!
    We are Question posed, Answer given!
    If you want emotional things, feelings, sharing, and so on, you need to pose the question, that way!!

• If the person is important or the conversation is important, why aren't you actually talking rather than texting?

cause we will meet later in the week

So it's not worth the effort of having an actual conversation on the phone?

• Not responding at all is a pretty well used method 'ghosting'. Best indicator is being blunt though. I've had people give me the shortest boring replies ever... Then they would text me non stop and get pissed when I didn't reply right away haha, it was confusing.

• Yes, its possible but need not be necessarily true.

• I tend to agree I her rather terse and short when texting when I don't want to talk. Eventually I'll come right out and say look I Don't have time but I try to play nice at first

• Short and delayed replies with no follow up responses usually mean they're no interested in chatting.

• We really don't care about texting. It's annoying, so we put in a cursory effort.

• The person might just not be a big texter

• Yes short reply or tell him you're busy. Don't ever not reply though that's just rude. In that case, don't give the person your number

• not necessarily, but, sort of

What Girls Said 4

• If someone is giving you one worded to short, disingenuous replies, yeah, they don't wanna talk to you.

• Pretty much. I give consistent short replies if I'm not interested in speaking for whatever reason.

• Often true, but not always. For me, sometimes I'm just too lazy or not in the mood to type long responses, or I just can't think of much else to say. Still, it's a good indicator.

• Start off on the right foot... Cimmunicate verbally...
    So mych is lost in text, even over the phone.,,
    Since you are meeting up soon even
    Better to communicate in person.
    Good luck with your meeting.
    Call...