Can a citizen in the u. s build a fortress and live in it if he has owns all the land?

like with super indestructable walls and spotty light things and a bunch of dudes with black baseball caps

Updates:
2mo taxation is theft
2mo im gonna build a base and invite a bunch of libertarians and anarchists to a pizza party in the base but statists will only get pineapple

0|0
3|16

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah, getting the permits to even start that would be a bitch... good luck with that lol oh and you need to be taxed

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Lololo i like your update a lot. Unfortunatly property and ownership rights are not strong enough for this.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• dont think so. government must find a way to tax you

0|1
    0|0
  • Its against the law to live off the grid and grow and raise your own food.

0|1
    0|1
    • 2mo

how is that true?

• Show All
    • 2mo

was it the front yard lots of places have ordinances.

• 2mo

@dudeman the government dont want people living off the land eventually because they are harder to contol and coerse all cash will disappear so any money you spend or make will be accessible by the government.

What Guys Said 15

• Until he stops paying taxes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I suppose he could, yes. However, I doubt he would survive on his own. All it might take is one unit of military (with their tools and toys) and he is taken out before the 6:00 news.

0|1
    0|0
  • "taxation is theft"
    Then maybe try living in another country
    www.law.cornell.edu/.../art1frag26_user.html
    Section 8. Clause 1. The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'd be paying taxes whether you liked it or not. Your fortress would still be benefiting from the protection and services of your government.

0|0
    0|0
  • So long as he pays taxes and lets the police with a warrant in, yes. Probably.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless you declare your land an independent country but I don't know the legalities of that

0|0
    0|0
  • no you can't

0|0
    0|1
  • You are a crazy libertarian anarchist. where I live in ILlinois, you need permits for construction, and for pools so I think you are better off buying an island

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but the police can still raid it

0|1
    0|0
  • Just make sure you make your neighbors pay for it

0|0
    0|0
  • You can build a fortress in America.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, a war nut I know did this. He even built a artillery inside it with a ranging more than 5 miles and some other defence meassures in case there will be war (or a zombie apocalypse), but better not get caught and sent to mental hospital xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes with a building permit hahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah you can and there is a process to file for soveirnty in the international court in Hague. As long as you own all the property with clearly defined borders. You can give it a try, but you really better find someone who is expert at this and from y understanding there might be 1 or 2 people in the whole country who know the ins and outs of these laws

0|0
    0|0
  • You can build all you want have a fortress but you'll be paying uncle Sam his due every year otherwise consider yourself an enemy and you'll be obliterated.

0|0
    0|0