What do you think of women who are in the army?

Most Helpful Guy

• Each to their own, as I really don't think gender really matter here. Unless it's about the whole thing regarding how now women are permitted in Combat and Infantry units or something for the US, as I figured sooner or later that was going to happen because of, well you know, politics. Some people had thought that it would be discriminatory or something to not be given the opportunity to be part of combat and infantry units in the army all just because of their gender. I have no real opinion on that to be quite honest, it's not up to me or you to decide anyway.

I just think and believe that there are different motives and circumstances as to why anyone would be involved in the military.

Some are there for patriotic causes and have that mindset, for nationalism, etc. They want to be able to serve their country and feel proud of their country, love their country and is willing to make sacrifices for their country, etc.

Some will sign up because they want to be able to have a chance to afford going to college with fewer financial difficulties, such as maybe all the financial aid and even scholarships just wasn't enough for what they are pursuing, and they're struggling financially at home, etc. And really have to make the decision to either to continue to struggle or take their chances by signing up. Most cases for these I think people would sign up for either the National Guard or Army Reserves which are both part-time, but there are those that sign up for the regular Active Duty full-time and then focus on school after their contract is up and when they're out. Though how common this situation and motive is any more I don't really know. They still have to pass all of the enlistment requirements first before they are permitted to begin and go to basic training, otherwise if they don't then they'll have to either take whatever financial aid package that they'll receive and hope for the best.

The last case, would be of conscription or mandatory enlistment ordered by their government as it is completely different worldwide, I think some countries draft their women for military training and service, don't know exactly. I think that there are some countries require people to get their military training before they're even allowed to receive government aid or benefits or something or just as be permitted to go to college, don't exactly remember.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 21

• Depends so freaking much. My country has a mandatory military service so I'm going to touch just that part and not "pro" soldiers.

It's not mandatory for women, still some of the girls can be extremely lazy and a burden. Then there's the other side of coin that actually does things and works hard. So basically the same as with the guys! Those who volunteer for it and work hard impressed me a lot and those who don't do anything make me really confused about their motives.

Tl;Dr: They're just like guys, some suck some don't.

• good for them and there choices to help them be a stronger person both mentally and physically. with that said not every girl / lady is looking for the 9 to 5 job and the with picket fence. so if thats what you or any other female want to do i would back her in at least trying.

• Hooha Great work ladies

• I generally think it's really dumb to join the army, whether you're a man or a woman.

• I admire and respect them for their service to our country.

• I don't like them. They always get promoted faster for no reason and they never do any of the hard work (in my experience)

• I think that is great - Strong independent women

• The same of men in the army

• Respect for them doing a very difficult job, risking their lives and serving their country.

• Should of joined the Airforce

• Strong. They put of with a lot of crap to get there.

• they ain't man enough

• Depends where you live but its quite normal here.

• Thry sleep around a lot.

• With very few exceptions, they are flat out whores.

• Medics, logistical support, or transgender 'women' who are actually men. No, seriously- just take a look. http://www.BBC.co.uk/news/uk-37391807

• I respect them :)

• those I have seen were ranked faster than man so it was very suspicious that there might have been certain favors

• No problem.

• they are choosing to risk their life

• Not my first choice

What Girls Said 4

• my mom was, reserves, a nurse, went in as 2nd luitenant left as Captain

• Courageous... and just amazing, but you have to choose that lifestyle and be made for it

• Nothing, just cool.

• Just some people doing a job.