Who invented heels?

In history it was man who wear heels first time. Gladiators used to wear shoes with heels.
Who invented heels?
Now it become variety in footwear for girls. Many girls wear gladiator sandals now a days.

But curious to know who invented high heels?

2mo Men or women who invented heels?
2mo There also some God who wear heels? Actually don't know who n when invented heels

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• They were invented by Persians to keep their feet from falling from the stirrups. Women adopted them from there.

What Girls Said 23

What Guys Said 8

• according to historians it is widely believed that the Persians developed high heeled footwear to assist mounted warriors (horseback riders) keep their feet in the stirrups. it really wasn't til much more recent history that high heeled footwear became a fashion primarily among women.

• Archaeologist to the rescue...
    Low heels - 16th century, designed for horse riding, to make sure you foot doesn't slip from the stirrups. Up until this point, ALL shoe soles were completely flat. Look up the term "turnshoe" and you'll get the idea of a medieval shoe.
    High heels... I've heard they were first invented as male shoes in late 18th century, but I'm not quite sure.
    Gladiators never wore heels, they would wear Roman caligae with a flat sole, sometimes studded with rivets to enhance friction. Also, those are "Spartans" from the movie 300 in the picture, not actual gladiators.

^ high heels in combat seems completely retarded.

• I thought gladiators wore sandals? Higher heel section by more than even an inch would likely be worse than useless in any sort of combat.

• I am more interesting in know who gives name heels bcoz my name is also heels 😊 @baepink
    @phil2

• I believe it was utchers
    There was so much animal blood on the floor that they had to lift their feet off the ground so they didn't get covered in blood.

• Heels so hot for me. I can relieve foot pain after work of high heels with my foot massage techniques.

• Some fag, no doubt...

• But FUCK!!! Chicks look so much BETTER in them!!! Just sayin'!!!