I accidentally referred to a trans person using the wrong pronoun?

It was the dumbest mistake. This guy in one of my classes is trans and obviously I respect his decision and I'm not about to say that he's wrong and that he's actually female... Essentially it's because his name is Abby and I said Abby and then instinctively said she, out of habit (not related to him at all, just because the name is traditionally for girls) and immediately corrected myself and always said he following that, but I feel really terrible about it. Does this make me a bad person or anything, or was it just a mistake? It won't happen again

Most Helpful Guy

• No it doesn't make you a bad person.

Don't think too much into it...

Thank you GAG for the MHO again, appreciate the kind gesture as always 🌹🙏🏽

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand why you're feeling bad about it. But that doesn't make you a bad person.
    It was just a mistake and everyone makes mistakes. At least, you know you were wrong and you don't want to do the same thing again.

What Guys Said 2

• Hate crime. Hate crime. Hate crime.

• You're being too PC

What Girls Said 4

• Don't feel to bad. We all make mistakes and I'm sure he has heard much worse in his life. If you are still feeling really bad be honest and apologise to him. Start up a conversation, you can always use another ally

• Meh, it's an accident. Doesn't make you bad, just don't do it again.

• No people who are transgender understand that slip ups happen. As long as you correct yourself immediately they get it.

• You just made a mistake. The fact that you're so worried about it indicates that you're a good person.