Can you live longer?

Is it possible to change or manipulate your DNA so your body dont age or make your body rebuild itself? To make it dont age.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe so, yes.

Trying to make some sense out of existence beyond the scientific materialistic paradigm, or at least, seeing the aforementioned as a paradigm, a conditioned outlook (with some merit), but not the whole truth.
    Standing meditation and appropriate movement, both 'yin' and 'yang'.
    Understanding yin and yang, the Five Elements, the psyche, and how they relate to the human body, movement, diet and behaviour.
    Trying to discover a spiritual purpose, and going beyond societal expectation and just doing things that give you no satisfaction whatsoever, or are bad for you. All the while remaining practical and working hard.
    Having a reason for being. Most older people fall off a cliff health wise when they retire not simply because they reach a certain age, but they're expected to crumble and fade into obscurity. Use it or lose it.

All easier said then done. But within the grasp of the earnest and the penetrating, who can be above all, be honest with themselves :D

What Girls Said 4

• Scientists are working on it :P

• If anyone knew how to do that they'd be billionaires.

• crispr

• Buy why would you want to?

@Whaaaaa

Come on lady, who doesn't want to live longer? I am sure everyone does, at least most people want to ( I guess). I mean he may have his own reasons for that.

I jsut said thats a problem not that i would take it way

Ok. That's fine.

What Guys Said 9

• Maybe with Nanoechnology and Nanomachines, it just might be possible, at least one day. See here:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2113408-how-do-you-feel-and-or-think-about-nano-technology-nano-machines

• Yes, surely it's possible but for that to happen it might take several decades or at least a few decades to make it a reality.

• Of course, but scientific ethics causes the results to be muted and unreleased. Stem cells can cause magic to happen if used right but the fact of where those particular stem cells have to come from is unethical and would cause a rash of unethical activities if people found out.

• I doubt you can do that maybe develop ways to prevent diseases or cope with ageing more but not change it at the moment

• I don't think they are that advanced yet.

• Currently it is impossible but I don't see why it couldn't be possible in the future.

• In theory, it could be possible. But things wear out, that might take more than gene therapy.

• It'll be soon. I would like to stay healthy and young looking forever if I could. But at a certain moment I'd want to die. It's like this : Live young and healthy but die when the time comes. Lol I don't make sense at all but we all dream.