Which is better, Console or PC?

Feel free to comment your favourite if it isn't listed above. Me personally, well I'm split. I like PC, PS3 and Super NES 👍

Which is better, Console or PC?

• PC MASTER RACE!Which is better, Console or PC?
  • CONSOLE!Which is better, Console or PC?
  • PS onlyWhich is better, Console or PC?
  • XBOX onlyWhich is better, Console or PC?
  • Arcade games for the win!Which is better, Console or PC?
  • Other/Older Console (please comment)Which is better, Console or PC?
  • All of the above
2mo XD I would just put down some o dat arcade

Most Helpful Girl

• PCs can do everything consoles can but better. That includes playing games from really old consoles using emulators.

Most Helpful Guy

• Consoles are easier. PC gaming requires buying a lot of equipment and having an actual brain to make it all work.
    PC gaming is also similar to console gaming in that certain games can only be played on more powerful PC's so you need to know where to get and how to keep installing new and better hardware.

So I choose consoles. Just a lot more convenient.

It really is a lot better though I like pc over new gen consoles simply because I can do so much more at once. I can Skype, research/file, do things like this and play games which is pretty good if you ask me

Fair enough

What Girls Said 9

• Playstation for life

• Well since I can get a 1090 Ti in a PC I'm going with that 😍😍😍

• i dont own any console. just pc

• I need a console controller to play games. using a gaming mouse and keyboard is too awkward for me.

Sometimes I just use my controllers on pc :)
      I set up either an xbox controller or better yet I use my ps3 controllers with DS3

And you can use controllers on PC too. In fact, PCs have more controller options since you can pick any controller you want.

• i like both but my favourite was AOE

• Consol, I like ps4, Xbox one, DS xl, psp are my favorite

• Console

• PC is best. I prefer Xbox

• SNES <3 The only one I was good at lol

What Guys Said 32

• ABSOLUTELY NO SYSTEM, PC or CONSOLE is completely and absolutely perfect.

G, but I really miss the old school arcade game from the 1990s era and early 2000s.

Thanks to emulators and ROMs being widely available, the consoles, and arcade machines and all their games are now being able to become integrated with my computer and as well as some of the earlier SONY systems that had their firmware compromised which allows such installations and operations of emulator software onto them, such as PSP and PS3.

Also, using a controller with a computer, PC or laptop, makes it feels console-like to me these days.

I don't really make a big deal over which one is better, or the best, it's more like what do I want to be able to accomplish with it, if anything at all in the very first place. If it's all for fun, then ALL of them CAN be fun.

Best case scenario, just get the exclusives for the systems you really want to play when in doubt if you really want to play them, then you won't be missing out on anything.

• I would have said consoles... but consoles piss me off now.

The pro's they had over PC are next to gone...

PC Pro's
    - free online gaming
    - cheaper games
    - technically can download games for free illegally

PC Cons
    - have to install all games taking up most of your memory (heck GTA is like 60gb)
    - friend lists are not unified. it is all over the place, steam, nvidia, microsoft etc
    - games always work, regardless of when they were released. I could play a call of duty game from 1999 no problem. in fact it'll work better now

Console pros
    - unified friend list
    - more exclusives

Console cons
    - games more expensive
    - online is paid
    - installs take up too much memory

Consoles USED to have more benefits. like
    - free online like ps3 did
    - no installs (pop in the disk and play) so were more convenient
    - no mid age upgrade cycles

Now PC is better in my opinion. if you ignore the exclusives, it's better in every way. If they can work around unifying friends list. it'll be good enough

-

ok then time to start some corrections
      PC CONS
      1. have to install all games taking up most of your memory (heck GTA is like 60gb) - consoles have this issue as well and HDD's are cheap asf
      2. friend lists are not unified. it is all over the place, steam, nvidia, microsoft -
      there's no such thing as a windows friends list or nvidia friends list
      3. games always work, regardless of when they were released. I could play a call of duty game from 1999 no problem. in fact it'll work better now - this is partially true but quite a lot of old games are so out dated that they are broken
      Console pros
      1. more exclusives - no thats just utter nonsense
      2. no installs (pop in the disk and play) so were more convenient - that comes down to the person personally i found that to be a pain in the ass
      3. just want to point out "no mid age upgrade cycles" fuck what microsoft and sony say all of the big 3 are coming out with new shit its a new generation

becausee they get the funding knowing that there is an audience and it'll have more marketing potential.

2. pop and play
      - most people prefer convenience. Ask a person to drive miles to go buy something or have it delivered to their door stop. A fact is most people would rather have something the easy way. Most people would prefer not to have to wait an hour or more to play a game they just bought

@lopflodin yeah, i agree but personally when i had a console. i actually preferred sony first party games which were exclusive. I think they're pretty awesome vs the rest with exceptions of gta, ufc and call of duty for multiplayer so for me the exclusives are major

• PC all the way for multiple reasons. Console's are obsolete within a year, and none are VR ready without some major graphics compromises. PC is easy enough to drop in a newer graphics card (even though most developers are camping at the bottom of uncanny valley making that unnecessary for the past few years; hell go for uncanny, I'll buy it anyway). Console games are $50 and up, with some lasting a whole 20 hours for that price = a ripoff. PC/Steam = some are $1, but decent ones to be had for $20-30. Also some games are missing features in the console version (eg no seasons for the console version of Diablo III). The last time I bought a console was the PS3 after it was hacked, since then games were free. I might buy a PS4 if/when it gets hacked and games are cheaper than the Steam version (can't get cheaper than free), not before. Arcade = totally obsolete. If those were still made they'd cost $5000 each and play but a few games. No one wants to spend quarters anymore when $20 lasts a lot longer at home for the same graphics (assuming you already have a high-end gaming rig), been that way since the mid 90's.

A year? What kind of console are you buying.

@RandomBritishGuy94 Any of them., bu ttha tyear just gets worse as time passes since a new console won't be coming out for 5-10 years. Technically they are obsolete before they even hit store shelves compared to PC since they take about a year just to design and manufacture (or longer, I remember when PS3 first came out it was delayed by several months just because the blue-ray-laser diodes were in short supply since those were kind a new in 2006, which left quite a few of my console-fanboi friends all butthurt).

• Play for the games, not the system they're on.

I mostly play on PC because I love the mods for stuff like Skyrim and GTA. However, I think the whole "PC Master Race" thing is idiotic.

Consoles are great because you shove the game in and go, connect with your friends and go, it works with very little trouble. They are also more likely to offer couch and party games.

• I have a PC and a ps4. Also still own a SNES.

Why? I suspect Xbox exclusives are going to PC soon but to be honest HALO and other exclusives they hold don't interest me. PC is best for modding and as a programmer I love making my own... so that one might be a niche market. The graphics are better for some games but in truth most of my PC games end up at 1080p (with a much higher frame rate) anyway. I think a better screen might be my next buy.

ps4 has exclusives I like (last of us, uncharted, bloodborne etc) and for online gameplay like GTA is a more enjoyable expierance. I dislike how many "mooders" are online on such games.

It's all setup in the same place so I see little difference in gameplay. Overall single player games tend to be bought on PC well muiltiplayer are on my ps4.

• Pc of course can handle better games quality games but that's only because you can shove whatever parts you want in there

However console is just optimized better and is only for games. Equal parts in a console vs a pc, the console would kill the pc

yeah but thats all what ifs neither microsoft, sony or nintendo are gonna try and sell you anything like what a pc can do as they would sell shit all of them

• PC is much better

• I am so surprised this vid wasn't included
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDMsGl_XxTk

• If you're talking video games, which I'm quite certain you are, then I'd say each option has it's interesting-ness to it. The more of a view I can get, the better. I currently play on both PC and PS2. I used to play on Nintendo, but that was ages ago.

• PCs have more potential options than a console if you are tech savvy enough to handle it. It's a much bigger investment though, and you have to know what the hell you're doing.

Consoles are better for casual gamers, or people who simply can't afford a PC (and I don't blame them).

I am a PC user, but I am in dire need of an update. I know its over-priced, but I just can't go back to console.

building a pc isn't rocket science

@lopflodin
      I never even mentioned building a PC. Besides, you dont HAVE to build a PC to use one. There are plenty of pre-made computers that work just fine, its just more expensive to buy it already put together.

I agree, it's not hard to handle the basic uses of a PC, its just that the common gamer usually isn't tech savvy enough to utilize all of the PC's advantages over the console.

• same as you, i'm torn, i love my PC, it's great for any sort of game you can throw at it, but then again, i'm really partial to old console games, i love this little game boy colour i have, just the best thing ever.

• Now we know how many filthy peasants voted anything but A and G. X)

PC Master Race ftw
    25.media.tumblr.com/...ei08f28iz1qcqdbqo1_1280.gif

• I enjoy playing on the console the most with my nice TV and sub-woofer set up, and really like the last couple generations of controllers. Though I do still prefer the D pad from the Saturn. However, an arcade pinball machine really can't be replaced by any other thing. Even with the triggers, it just isn't the same as playing on an actual pinball machine.

• Both have their pros and cons. For me personally, I have always preferred the genres and games more prominent on console, than on PC.

I'm a sports, fighting, and single player RPG gamer when it comes to genres. Consoles do these genres better.

• For games? PC all the way.

• Consoles are great social tools, that's what I use them for. PC is where the real gaming happens, go fucking hardcore shit in that by myself yo. I prefer both for different settings and experiences.

• I like consoles, I like portables, but I love my PC, having nearly 1,000 games on just my steam account with my multi monitor set up and VIVE VR set up, it is amazingly beautiful for gaming. So much better then my tv. Also, I prefer keyboard and mouse, and any number of specialty controllers to a few simple controllers.

• I own both, console and PC. Both have there advantages and disadvantages, so not saying one is great and one is shit because it depends on what you want and your priorities.

But generally I prefer the PC

• What makes the out outstanding from the other is the exclusive games it has and how u feel comfortable with a mouse/keyboard vs controllers. Honestly i enjoy both but controller is better for FPS games so COD/BF for console and games like mmos for pc. Having both is always great.

Bro u can't be serious... the mouse is WAY better of a precision aiming tool in FPS games!

This is coming from me, a console player.

@Prof_Don even if its more precision than controllers, does it make me feel confortable playing it? No. I like controllers better because it feels nice. I like to hold the triggers and fire and all the good shit including the analog stick for movements. For some reason i have more fun on console fps games even if i play the same fps on pc COD for example, it feels really boring cuz i dont like the feel of the mouse and keyboard at all. I don't know if thats just me growing up with console all my life. I've played COD on pc and my aiming was shit compare to console. I guess its just that im not a pc fps gamer.

• YEAH BOYS #PCMASTERACE FOR PRES! WE DID IT!!!

• I will just leave this here.
    i.ytimg.com/vi/19VTriLebu8/maxresdefault.jpg

• I choose console. PC requires frequent upgrades and the parts aren't cheap even with deals, you don't have to worry about compatibility on console. I'm just not a hardware person and I don't have the time to deal with all the logistics of PC.

PS4 I can just pop in a disc and play.

You don't need to upgrade parts for years. And most of the updates are automatic and in the background.
      I basically just have to download the game and click play.

@Thisperson98 If you spend like $2000 then I can see it lasting for years, and really the budget setups go obsolete within like under 2 years. I could have a PS4 for 5 years and never have to upgrade the hardware to play new games which is somewhat longer than PC.

I can go down the street to Gamestop get the game then come back in probably 20 minutes, much quicker than a download.

Actually I only spent around $800 on mine it has lasted a long time. And in today's society you need a PC for everything already.
      Also games are dirt cheap on the PC during the steam summer sale.

• PC is much better

• Everything except the wii

• When i was young i played ps 1 and 2. Nowadays i only rarely play pc but not ps. If i have any time and money to spare i would buy a ps again I don't know.

• I will choose PC MASTER RACE.

• Ohhhh boyyyy. Well it has to be PC for me.

• Pc & Xbox.

• Console, because it doesn't run the mass computer virus called Microsoft Windows.

• It's either I'd have a powerful top notch Desktop gaming PC. or PSX

• More from Guys
    2