Do you think GAG should take away the Anonymous feature?

I believe they should, if you're gonna ask something, you'd better be ready to stand your ground and fight for what you believe. Why hide?

Most Helpful Girl

• Being An Anon, for I, myself, @FrenchyRomain, Have gone in the Pink here, dear. It may Be to just Vent, which I Rarely do as Myself or it Might be To... Avoid a Sore Subject that Someone may want to Lock horns with me on.
    Everyone is Entitled to His or Her opinion. And if they Feel it is a better Deal to Post and Boast Incognito, then I will Not Point fingers or Condemn them.
    As you see, for Many have Come and Gone, Perhaps if They had Gone more ANON, they Would still be On.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

So you use anon to avoid debates? so you basically run away

Let me Explain why sometimes it is Good to be anon.. I will send, wait, and "Your Coward" is uncalled for.

@FrenchyRomaine come see my MHO that I'm Personally Thanking Gag for Giving me here, dear. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Girls Said 17

• Because some people tailor their answers, or retaliate in their answers, solely based on WHO is asking the question. Example - Oh, it's that insecure girl who disagreed with me before, I'm just going to tell her to "get over it" and imply that she's a bitch.

Not knowing who asks the question, gets people to focus on just the question.

• I see the reason for the anonymous feature in the case of really personal responses. However, it does get abused a lot for people that just want to troll and hurt others.

As such, I'm torn.

• No I don't because sometimes the things people want to ask are embarrassing or me for example if I ask or answer anything that is sexual I do it anonymously so I don't have men messaging me on here asking to see me boobs

you can always ignore them... they will give up eventually for 1
      for 2 what embarrassment? You wanna ask a question do it. You don't wanna ask it then don't

Okay you try getting sexually harassed everyday and see how much you like it.

• Part of wants me to say yes but then there's some things that I feel are better off left anonymous

like what might i ask

Like if someone asks something personal and doesn't want literally everybody to know it was them, that's the only instance

• I do absolutely hate anon myself.

• No, I don't think so. The anonymous feature is important, when you want to share or to ask something, but don't want to have a question/opinion associated to you.
    And also when you want to talk about a sensitive topic.

once again, if you want to talk about a sensitive topic... then have some backbone and stand by what you want to share... don't be a coward and hide

You don't understand. Things are not that simple.

• I don't know man I don't think a lot of people want people to know their fetish is sucking toes if a question were to asked that so there a reason why anonymous posts exist on here and it stands out compare to Yahoo.

if your fetish is to lick toes, why hide? surely there are other people out there like you... there is no shame in it, you don't have to be embarrassed so once again : why hide?

what if you post your picture on your profile on here? then say it publicly that you lick toes for a fetish? yeah no one going to forget that on here.

So what? I stand by it since i like it, i'm not going to be ashamed of what i like no matter what people may think. I have something called balls and backbone. If I feel like sharing something personal to the world : i'll do it in the spotlight and without being anonymous
      Time to grow a pair : nut up or shut up

• Unless they are doing it to be trolls I have no problem with it.

• I need the anon feature because otherwise people would know I have a dress-up-as-Donald-Trump-while-my-partner-dresses-as-Hillary-as-he-spanks-me-with-a-rusty-paddle fetish :/

• Only for opinions. Might stop people from asking questions, but if you're going to respond to a question own it

I don't understand : why hide? I call it cowardice since i don't understand. If you're asking either a stupid question (like MANY i have seen here like "What is 2016 - 1916" and the asker was 17)... of course you're gonna get bad answers : you didn't do research before asking while the answer is obvious.
      I believe it would force people to THINK through their questions before posting them

Well it sucks to be those embarrassed people then doesn't it

Hey man... you asked... I answered... my unpopular opinion always has my name beside it for the downvote 👍

• But how do I troll then?

• I suppose you are right.

• Nope. People have their right to be anonymous. And they don't bother me unless they are being extremely idiotic and those fuckers should be exposed.

so unless they piss you off you say we should have the right for anonymousy... . sure... i hear you (not on the same side though) but then why have the right to be anonymous at all? no anonymous, no trolls

• I have never used it so wouldn't be affected.

• No, it'd be boring then.

• OMG YESSSS. So sick of anon.

• Yes, but on the opinions only, because some people can say rude things or even catcall you, but some people are just not brave enough to ask a question about private things or personal hygiene etc. , publicly.

What Guys Said 15

• They already have Private Opinions now so I would think Anonymous is only good for trolling purposes for most part. I think Private Opinions really should have made Anonymous mode completely redundant and removed it altogether. Same with the whole Dislike button, that's also something that should have been ommited in which they had before.

• Because if my SO figures out I am here and what my user name is, she can't go track posts I make that relate to her.. she is very private.

• Absolutely not. Can never be too safe on the internet.

so your argument is safety... fair point, then again you can always falsify your infos

Take a person like me. I'm very open on websites like this, and want to use my real credentials because I want to be my authentic self online.

However, the rare times I want to reveal something really personal and I don't want to have the whole internet world know about it, I will go anonymous. This is extremely rare, but I like that feature to be able to share personal information unfiltered, while keeping a bit of privacy.

Why is it that u seemed so bothered that you don't have a trace-able name with a question or opinion?

• I don't think they should take it away completely but there should be a limit to stop the trolls. Maybe one anon opinion for every 2 normal opinions and one anon question for every 2 or 3 normal questions.

• Then people are going to make disposible accounts to get anon status.

• PRO: we'd have a lot less trolls
    but CONTRA: many wouldn't dare to ask some questions or would make a 2nd profile. (which can be eliminated by software at the price of losing members.)

• Exactly why they won't. Some people can't read a simple question without the need to get into an online fight. Someone on the internet doesn't think like me? I must destroy him!!

Get over it.

• The intention is to let people feel comfortable ask awkward or embarrassing questions with anonymity. A screen name isn't enough sometimes, which is fair enough.

This being the internet, this feature is abused by trolls.

• I think people should be able to remain anonymous but only able to
    use temporary usernames that would change each day they ask
    anonymous questions. I don't believe the complete anonymous
    feature should be removed but how it's being used needs to change.
    For example : Say I want ask a questions anonymous i can ask one but
    use a temporary username.

• No way. Some of the best questions asked are from Anons' it lets them share intimate parts of their lives with random strangers.

At the same time people use that mask to be assholes to random strangers.

• It's pointless.

• Don't you think people want to ask questions about personal shit anonymously? For reasons like that, they won't take it away.

• For all we know, almost everyone here could be anonymous. I mean really, anyone can just copy a picture from the internet and pretend it is them anyways.

Not me though. I really am what is depicted in my picture. :)

• Omg people like you who say stuff like "why hide" I think y'all hypocrites even you have something embarrassing you don't want to share

• Thats like taken ma panties off of meh so u kunt disrespect ppls privacy's ✌🏼️