Would you think a person is dumb if they didn't know what netflix was?

I get that they live in another country, but still. It's a pretty popular company.

If you're even remotely well-read regardless of where you're staying you will have heard of it

2mo Also an update this person acts like they are better than me. I'm tired of it.

Sometimes I feel as though I cannot be objective and see that they are not that great because of how poorly they've treated me.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I wouldn't.
    How do you wanna know if being well-read includes knowing Netflix in an other country? Do you actually live in an other country? Just because it's an American company doesn't mean anything. How many Chinese companies do you know? Do you know any Swiss pharmaceutical company? No? Well that's very odd because chances are most of your pharmaceutical products are made by them.

I'm pretty sure my mom has no idea what Netflix is. It's not really popular here. And no, I don't come from a third world country.

Most Helpful Girl

• People can be smart in different topics.
    I am dumb when it comes to flying an airplane, or space.
    I am dump on a lot of topics because I didn't study it.

I am sure you don't know certain topics that you didn't study Like if you didn't study computers, you wouldn't know how to break the computer apart and put it back together.

I am smart on things like child rearing, I am a mother for 4 years now and read numerous books on it. I am smart on money. I have been investing and reading kiplingers and money magazine for about 7 years now.

I am smart on it but that doesn't mean that I know everything about it. we learn every day. When we say that we are the smartest person and know everything, that is when we have stopped growing and that isn't good. You keep growing, it's good for you..

What Guys Said 9

• You can't be dumb for not knowing something, you can only be dumb for not using the information you already know.

• No I don't, not their fault they never heard of it

• No. if they haven't heard of something thats not their fault.

• No. No one on Earth knows everything?

Well she acts like she is better than me.

It makes me wonder if she's really that smart or something to give her that attitude, but she doesn't know basic stuff like this.

One of her 'insults' was implying that I wasn't pretty as a child. What a person.

there are always people like that, but when you do it to them, they get mad

• No, not necessarily dumb.

Yeah. I get that someone in India may not have heard about netflix as the streaming process there is different.

It's just... I don't know anything about her. I can make an assumption taht she wasn't a very good student. But lately she's been bragging about doing a degree part-time and I was like... all that arrogance must come from somewhere.

So it made me wonder if she was good at school or something.

Well, you can be good at school and be dumb too, or at least unintelligent.

But really who knows? Does it even matter?

• Nope

• if they're our age maybe. but like, try explaining it to our grandparents

• they don't even know what facebook is in north korea.

• Do you know what Bangman is? Then according to your logic, you're dumb by north Korean standards

I think people in India are not generally stupid. I would think if I walked up to the average well-educated person in India they would know what Netflix was, if not for any other reason but because of how profitable it is in North America.

Do you know what the most profitable manufacturing industry is in Australia?

What Girls Said 8

• Not at all.

• Being dumb and not knowing some webside that is not at all available in all countries is not the same. I think you are more ignorant than the other person in unintelligent.

I wouldn't be thinking of her negatively if she hadn't started it in the first place.

• I'd assume they didn't give a shit.

Yeah.

I try to be well-read (at least to an extent) so I know what's going on in the world.

• lol no
    it s not like an info that s gonna be useful in my life anw

• Not necessarily dumb, just living under a rock.

• No...

• No? Netflix isn't everyone's life lol

• That's isn't dumb. You probably are for thinking that though.