I hate the taste of alchol... and I'm about to go to university, help?

Hey guys,
I don't know what uni life is like I haven't been (it's my first year this coming monday). I hate the taste of alcohol... like beer... vodka... wine. How am i going to make friends and fit in? Someone told me to just go out and drink J20 or something and dance etc... but a friend of mine told me people make you do shots or tell you to go home.
Like i tried mixing a fruit drink with vodka... it tasted like cough mixture.

2mo In the UK the legal age to drink is 18. People from my secondary school (high school) began drinking from 15-16 and partying etc... some 12-13. Some girls lose their virginity at like 13 shockingly. But yeah at 18-20 partying and drinking alchol and doing drugs is common here. Heck i went to a therapist once and he was shocked i hadn't done any drugs or done alchol.

Most Helpful Girl

• man don't let peer pressure make you do something you don't wanna do. Just don't drink if you don't want to.

Especially as a freshman... offer to be the designated driver or sober friend.

Most Helpful Guy

• You will find something you like. For me it was alcopops. I was the same as you through first year and was teased/ostracized by my cuntish housemates in residence because of it. In second year I developed a taste for it and it completely turned my life upside down. I went from staying in my room and playing Counterstrike to going out, making friends, meeting girls. I had the time of my life for the next two years because of it.

What Girls Said 4

• Plenty of people don't like alcohol either. College is a place to learn, grow as a person, and get a good job, not to get drunk.

• obviously you didn't mix the drink right. If done right you don't taste the vodka

How do you do it right? I mixed it with a spoon. It was ribena and like vodka.

Thanks! One annoying thing though is you can't take alchol into clubs here (they want you to go buy it their...)... so mixing drinks before hand isn't always easy. But if that is do-able yeah sounds like a plan.

most people get drunk at home and then go to the club :p At least they do here.

• No you don't have to drink

• Just don't drink, lol 😂

Like, just hold the cup and stuff.

What Guys Said 12

• I drank here and there throughout college, but I had a buddy who never drank one drop in college (not that I could see at least, or hear about), and he made it through quite fine. Drinking is a choice, and not a need. You can go to parties, bars, and events without drinking.

• you don't have to drink. i had a few friends in college who weren't drinkers.

• Just drink energy drinks instead then, such as Red Bull or something.

• You shouldn't be drinking in college anyway you should be waiting until you're out in the United States he's not even supposed to drink until you're 21. By the way vodka has no significant taste.

I live in the UK, legal age is 18.

The first year is very important. That's when most kids drop out because they don't have maturity, discipline, or personal responsibility. Worst, they didn't learn how to learn which is important because college is much more difficult than secondary education.

Lastly, if you think this is the end of you having fun, then kill yourself now. Later in life, should you decide to accept it, is filled with fun. You just need money and an imagination.

Well that's good to hear. A teacher told me and my friends that it will be the last time you have fun. I would have done that a year ago but i would have messed up quite a few lives doing that.

• Lol! You don't need to drink, bruh. Also, if you want people off your dick, do what I do and only drink whiskey. If y'all have it, jack Daniel and fireball are the way to go... And it tastes good

• Just don't drink. Be among them but be sober, nobody will care.

• Stop... don't do that. Just don't drink. You can be the designated DD. Plenty of people make friends, meet girls without having to drink. I didn't start drinking till i was 27. Way latter in life.

• You don't have to drink to have a good time just do your own thing

• rum and pineapple. you won't even taste it.

• So don't waste money drinking. I no longer like beer - as an Aussie that may be considered blasphemy, but it doesn't stop me NOT buying beer.

• That's normal. Everybody is like that at first. Just have fun and don't worry about it. Choose pizza at first.

• you dont have to drink lol.