Just found out my new roommates don't like me what should I do?

I just moved in like a month ago and was put with these three girls who are a bit younger than me and are best friends from high school. I recently came across a pic on social media of a texting conversation with their old roommate which they are also friends with. It was talking about how they are getting a new roommate (me) and that they hate me already and that I'm old af just because I graduated. Like I just turned 21 and I graduated a year early because I got a lot of college credits in high school. They also picked on me for things that they found creeping on my fb profile. I really don't know what to do I don't know how to continue living with people who hate me without even knowing me. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• They "hate" you because you're not their old roommate or some other childish reason. My advice to you is be the adult here and try your best to ignore them. Despite being slightly older you're essentially living with children here. Roommates are just that and you're not supposed to by friends here.

I get what you are saying but even before I found out about what they were saying behind my back Im miserable here. Like they are literally so loud late at night and have no consideration.

My friend went tocollege late, she was like 27 at the time. Her 5 female roommates where all like 18-20. She went through the same thing. She eventually won over one of the girls with her kindness. I would STRONGLY suggest you move off campus when July comes around.

Haha Im actually off campus already in an apartment. I can try to switch units though. Like I could do what other people are saying and ignore them but like what I said about them being loud its just not fair and they are such children.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a Relative who, like any Place with a new Face, Moves in with Other guys, Keeps to Himself and doesn't Bother with Anyone, Hun.. Maybe it is what you should do. Stay Clear here, dear.
    They sound Childish and way too Immature for you. Either find a New place or just do Your own thing and Consider the Sore Source.
    Good luck. xx

*I saw your July deal. Keep to yourself, stay in your room and occupy your time outside the house with other Friends who are Not Fair Weather Backstabbing ones. xx

Stay to yourself, hun, until your lease runs out. After awhile, no one will pay any mind to you. xx

Thank you for the Vote of Confidence. xx

What Guys Said 10

• Offer to meet them for a drink to get to know them. They don't really know you and honestly you don't know them well enough to like them. Maybe you remind them of someone they hate and they just have those feelings towards you. You also have to be open to the idea they just might be bitches.

Yeah they didn't know me at all at the time which is why it was unfair for them to judge so harshly from the start. can't meet up for a drink bc they aren't 21 yet. I think I've figured out that they are bitches lol

Lol probably, but at least attempting to get along first might be a good idea. You all can get your basic white girl on over some pumpkin spice at Starbucks xD

• If they don't like just ignore them you weren't put on this earth to be liked by them. If they are mean to you then that's when it becomes a problem. Their opinion means nothing.

Could you answer my question.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2112691-was-i-wrong-to-ask-for-the-money-back

• I'd probably just be the biggest fucking asshole possible. Little fucking cowards bitching on social media.. lol

I've been acting a bit more cold lately. This is one of the many reasons why I hate social media plus one of them added a screen shot of that texting conversation about me to be "funny".

You seem like a savage lol

I dunno thats such a pussy way of dealing with someone who has done nothing to the person. If someone is talking shit about someone like that It's just stupid.

• It depends upon your needs, their actions, and your opportunities. Ideally, if you have plenty of money, lots of available apartments, then you move out.

I would or at least switch rooms but my lease doesn't expire until July.

I get it however Im not going to pay for them not to hate me.

Don't think of it that way. It's more to show these people, who don't really know you, what kind of person you are and give all of you a chance to talk over food. Maybe have a beer or two.

• If you wanna go ballsy on this I'd call them out on move in day lol.

I moved in a month ago

Oh ok. Umm if you can afford it buy them all pizza. Get them all in a room then call them out. They are cowards.

Not wasting money on people that hate me

• Tell them they either cut out the shit or you'll give them reason to hate you.

They don't know that I found out they hate me. I found it on one of their social media sites.

So?

The other option is that you can message them on fb, or call them out publicly on there.

• kill her

There is 3 of them

Kill them

• Just be nice and polite to them but don't kiss up to them. Maybe do something like get pizza sometime and get one too big for yourself and offer the rest to them if they'd like it.

Fuck no I don't kiss up to anyone I just tolerate them.

• and girls say they don't judge..

anyway, if you think you can handle living with them, then just see if you can get them to get to know you. but if you don't think you can handle it, just move out

Whoever said that was a damn lie. Lol can't speak for all us girls and I admit I am responsible for judging but when I do its not someone I don't know literally at all. Tbh I really can't live with them any longer. Late at night they are so freaking loud and it pisses me off so to find out that they were hating on me behind my back was the last straw.

then move out

• Women are vipers

What Girls Said 3

• Move out

My lease doesn't expire until July.

Well yeah but this wouldn't be a reason to get one. You can only get one if you are like unemployed.

Then I guess you can try and talk it out

• just try to be friendly with them, maybe they will change their mind and will like u

Yeah tried that they just seem awkward around me.

• Have you tried getting to know your new roommates? Like actually befriending them and not just being on friendly terms with them? I'm not saying they're right but they probably see you as this person taking their former roommate's place who they seemed to like and they don't actually know you for you. If you're going to be living with them, you might as well try and become close with them, right?

All these people saying things like "move out" are so obnoxious. Yeah, like that's something a person who complains about roommates can, you know, just do.

They aren't really giving me a chance. They are all best friends from high school who have no desire to make new friends in college.