Do you think one of the downsides of having a good memory is the joy of being able to easily forget? Particularly when someone hurts you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Remembering clearly is far better than remembering inaccurately. Too often I attach positive to memories that should serve as a lesson learned, not one to be repeated.

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe memory is selective - You hold on to good memories for dear life and try to consign bad memories to the dustbin of your brain - If you have really bad memories on your mind a lot that is moving into the issues territory - For example my father passed away two years ago, I have lots of good memories within easy reach while the bad memories of his illness are there but I have to go rooting for them.

What Girls Said 1

• I would think people with good memory wouldn't have issues forgetting things.

What Guys Said 1

• Nah, I still think the hurt is a good thing. It makes you stronger and helps to prevent you from being taken advantage of in the future.