Does this video need a warning for the viewers? What should I say?

Some videos have an "explicit content" warning, some warn about sensitive content, and there are a lot of different ways to warn someone in a video or a movie that, perhaps, they might not want to watch it. Well, I'm working on a music video using footage from a video game. At one point, the character harms themselves and bleeds. Does that need a trigger or sensitive content warning? The graphics are far from realistic.

If it does, what should I say?

Oh, and the people that watch my videos are 11+

Most Helpful Guy

• Jesus Christ, if a person doesn't like the content of what they're viewing, how about they just stop viewing it? Why the bloody hell is there a need for these warnings? They seem like pandering to the meek.

• Wouldn't you want a warning for something you've seen, done, or been bullied about? Or for something traumatic? Some people are sensitive to blood, and some people are trying to recover from self-harm. I don't know if showing it without a warning is a good idea.

• "Wouldn't you want a warning for something you've seen, done, or been bullied about?"

No, because I would watch it until that and then just stop if I don't like it.

My point is that people with trauma have to adapt to society, not the other way around. I don't have to walk on eggshells around someone with a "past." They should instead learn to get back on their feet.

• Fair enough. It's a few minutes into the video though, and I don't want it to appear all of a sudden. It doesn't fit with the story I'm telling. It fits the lyrics of the song I'm using. If someone's never heard that song, they don't know what to expect.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• I would have a disclaimer if it's going to be public, because it's still suggestive even if the graphics are poor.

• Just put a text at the start saying "Contains footage rated __" Whatever rating the video game had. Why don't you show us the video or your channel?

• For the sake of remaining anonymous on all of my YouTube accounts, I can't link anything... The video game itself is a children's/adult's game. I don't know what to rate a little fake blood and a fake cut.

• "get the fuck over yourselves, you weak excuses for human beings"
    Trigger warnings are fucking stupid, you can set the video to 18+ if you want.

• Is this on Youtube? Most 11 year olds play cod.

• 1) cod is likely 10x more graphic.
      2) then maybe don't show them what sounds like very low res, pixelated blood if it's that big of a deal?
      3) mkay lol

• Should be able to post it without in my opinion.

• I would go with a trigger warning for self harm.

What Girls Said 0