My boyfriend texted another girl: "if you ever need some dick just let me know.. lol just playing"... is it possible that he was just joking?

To make things weirder, he texted this to a girl who he was casually dating last year but they're friends now.

Most Helpful Guy

• No he was giving her an opportunity to say whether or not she wants to have sex without trying to be creepy, gross, or forcing it on her.

I don't know how else he could have said it, but there's gotta be a better way, lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Even if he was just joking, that's still not appropriate and a very disrespectful thing to say considering he is in a relationship with you. You should definitely tell him that you don't appreciate him saying that. Hopefully he will have enough respect for you to understand and not repeat that behavior.

What Guys Said 12

• your question is irrelevant. If he is your boyfriend, he should not have that level of interaction with another female. He probably was joking, who cares. He needs training, so you might as well get a counselor now to explain it to him.

People aren't raised or trained these days with a sense of boundaries and rules unless they are into a religion... it's a free will society. Didn't say it is a better one though. Rules and boundaries are good things.

• There's no way that's a joke.

C'mon, fam.

• He might see it as a joke but others wouldn't understand and think differently. Bad joke. Try to put it aside for now. If something like this happens again then break up.

• Yes, but when a guy says shit like that it usually means if she responds well he would definitely go for that. You likely can't trust him. Leave him : )

• He ain't playing. Not friends. He wants to fuck her. I'd leave him.

• that is soooooooooooooo bad

• Nope, he was being disrespectful to you
    I say it was no joke i got sixth sense

• how did u see the textd
    its a joke

• its just jokes, relax.

• Weeeewooooweeewooo don't u hear that, this a sign y'all better dump his ass

• sounds like a back up just in case you cheat on him

It's interesting how he basically just tried to cheat on her but you're talking about her cheating on him.

He's the one cheating tho even if you believe that statistic. Plus you are cheating. So? You don't make any sense lol

@RachelBrigs

im single right now so i can do whatever i want
      and when i was in a relationship
      i got cheated on more
      then i cheated when i was in my teens

one of the facts is what men are thought since a young age
      HIT ON WOMEN IF YOU LIKE HER
      eventually we realize its extremely stupid and doesn't work
      and we become an asshole, and FOR SOME REASON YOU WOMEN LOVE US FOR IT

but at the same time we lose a little of ourselves just to have women like us
      eventually getting to the point where we stop, and start to be ourselves again
      and back to the drawing board

girls never have to do anything like that, just look pretty and you are set, you don't have to change, who you are

WE DO
      CAUSE GIRLS LIKE ASSHOLES,
      we don't say this for no reason
      we constantly say these things cause its true

and the fact that we have been taught to hit on women
      a lot of guys do it and never learn to stop

• Dump him

What Girls Said 15

• Thats not appropriate at all. Its not ok to claim a boyfriend that disrespects the relationship. What was his explanation to not get u to break up with him?

Even as a joke... extremely not okay. Personally id threaten a breakup and need to see panic or tears to stay. For me its all about protecting myself in the long run. If u pull this shit now what will u do later when I've gained weight and am busy nursing a baby? I can't fuck with u if i can't trust u then i shud b on to the next 1

• not a funny joke! total disrespectful to u. and what makes him think he can talk to her like that still. maybe text his boy cousin, brother, good friend and let them know to hit u up if they ever need some p*say but add j/k and see how funny he would think it was

• Yeah it probably was a joke, but an awful one at that. If he goes and says that to her, then there friendship is more then just friendship. Sounds like there has been some flirting going on.

• Since, they were casually dating, it's possible that he wasn't joking.
    I'm sorry, but he might want to have sex with her or he actually likes her.

• Red flag! We have a red flag over here!

This is never acceptable, no matter what gender the partner is. You don't offer your body to someone you're not in a relationship with.
    Please be careful girl, know what your limits are and if his behavior goes over that limit, then I would do something about it.

But if you're not sure what to do, talk to him about it. Tell him how it made you feel.
    Communication is the key here <3 Best of luck !

• I'd be pissed. In no way would I believe he was just joking. Also I don't think he should be talking to someone he had a relationship with before. He's just done all around.

• Hopefully you make this guy your EX boyfriend...

• i cringed so hard i think my face broke... damn.

• No respectable guy with a girlfriend jokes like that.
    Also a guy usually says "just kidding" after something like that to make him look less guilty/ keep him from feeling rejected but he's hoping she takes him seriously

• even if that was a joke... what the hell. : O

• Joking or not... that isn't even a little okay.

• Break up with him "as a joke"

• He's gross, rid of him please

• Maybe, but playing or not is not an excuse.

• he's not playing. Men are pigs, even when they have a girlfriend