If you ask a girl her name on this site and she doesn't want to tell you do you assume she is a man catfishing?

I ask because this little boy on here messaged me and asked my name and I said I don't share it online and he called me an old man pervert and blocked me...

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Well that little boy is so immature. No, I don't assume she is catfish just because she doesn't tell me her name. I personally haven't told anyone on this site what my name is. That's personal information and I wouldn't make up a name either because that's lying.

Most Helpful Girl

• I doubt you're a catfish..

What Guys Said 14

• I only assume they are a catfish if they have a picture that looks like it was stolen from an instragram model and if they post a lot of sexual opinions/questions.

• i only feel that way if you didn't have a picture and we were about to meet or date and you refused to show me at least a couple normal pictures

• No I'd assume the guy was an immature teenager.

• She's only telling you she doesn't want to get to know you.. most people on here don't try to really get to know other users. jA real catfish would give a false name, anyway!

• No, she might just not want to give you her name

• That seems quite a big leap of logic to me

• No, everyone can't be classified as a Catfish so he was in the wrong
    I don't ask girls / women their name or anything if they are open to
    tell me that is another thing.

• just give a made up name.

• Just use an alias instead of coming across as 'rude'

• some people may but I would say unless ur comfortable keep ur private info to yourself.

• you have a right to not give your name online. . .

• BAHAHAHHAHHA oh dear Lawd. U funnay baby

• Wow he was stupid. Nah I never go around and finding catfishes.

• Yes ur supposed to give ur man ur details

What Girls Said 11

• NO! what a funny question though. I would never give out my real name... I just don't find any reason for it.

• No, I don't. I don't think that I've ever shared my name on here... I don't like the idea of giving out any specific information about myself like my name or my local area, stuff like that.

• Some people want to know, others don't want to share that sort of information with strangers. In the end it's really up to you if you want to let them know or not.

• After reading some of the responses makes me wonder if my real name was such a good idea.

• That's amazing haha

• No because if someone knows your name on the internet. They might be able to get your personal info.

• haha no

• Not very, some people on here are uptight and have thin skin

• the little boy was probably a cat fish Lol

• Why not just tell him a false name? Like how on earth does he will discover you lie?

I don't like lying if I have no good reason to

I have the exact opposite of a common name. There's like 10 tops in the country. I've never met one though personally.

Like me then. Usually I just give my second name since he's quite common

• I've had issues so I don't really tell people my real name. It's just far safer that way.