My sister's boyfriend smells horrible?

Every time he comes over and walks past me (within a 3 feet range), there is a horrid stench of body odor smacking me in the face. I try not to make a face and i do tell my sister but then she says she "doesn't smell anything bad"... Maybe it's his long hair thats making hims sweat a little extra?

So I'm wondering, is there a connection between smelling a person's BO and finding it revolting versus being attracted to them and being around them and not smell the BO at all?

2mo Does it have to do with the opposite MHC compositions in his sweat and her's?

(opposites attract like protons and electrons?)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yuuuuup phermones. They're released all the time but tend to be stronger when you sweat I believe. When you're attracted to someone and see them as a potential mate etc etc you'll like the way it smells, when you don't then their BO is terrible to you. It's why your family members always seem to smell terrible to you. It's the body's way of preventing you from mating with people who have similar genetics so you dont produce offspring with higher chances of disabilities.

What Guys Said 4

• Well sometimes somethings stink to some and others dont notice. I mean it may have another meaning if you to like fight at all it could mean your system is made to be grossed out by his scent.

• She's just desensitized from it because of constant exposure, probably

Get them two appointments to the spa with take home gear

• I wold politely tell him to take a shower. dont make a scene about it or tell him in front of anyone else but it is possible doesn't know

• if we are attracted to a person their pheromones will smell good to us.

What Girls Said 1

• Being attracted to somebody has nothing to do with sense of smell...