Didn't I at least mean something to them?

I just got back from a funeral which was a lovely service. Most people didn't care that I was atheist and thanked me for being there out of respect. And before anyone asks no my dress wasn't too short. The church is becoming more open minded and there were girls who were wearing shorter dresses. Anyways I was good friends with one of the families who were there and they didn't even say hi to me and they definitely saw me. I know that family hates that I am atheist but this is ridiculous.

Most Helpful Guy

• Im very sorry to hear that. You seem to have a great personality I think it was admirable you went to a religious funeral whilst being an atheist. Dont worry about what othes opinions are of yourself because they dont matter. The only person that matters what tthink about you is yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thats Awful I'm Sorry To Hear That.😢😢

What Guys Said 6

• The sad thing is that you probably did at one point, I'd be willing to wager that the fact that you are an atheist probably makes them hate you now.
    Some people in this wold are just bigoted assholes
    Its sad but true

• Honestly, this shit is on them. You're a perfectly respectable person, and anyone who doesn't is just asking for some sense-slapping.

• They just lost someone. Maybe saying hi Didn't cross their minds

• u can't make people accept u

• Crazy religious people usually put religion before a lot of things. It's sad.

• You're annoyed because they... didn't say hi? You're overreacting.

I have known them since I was six the least they could do is say hi.

Alright, still, you don't have to say hi to literally everyone you know there. They might have just been in the midle of a conversation or something.

Okay sure but they were literally sitting there and left immediately after the service. Their kids who I know, didn't even talk to me that just makes me think they told them not to speak to me.

What Girls Said 0