Do you like Sea Monkeys?

Have you ever owned one before?
Do you like Sea Monkeys?

They come in kits and a aquarium of your choice. You breed them and feed them like actual aquarium pets! I miss having one πŸ˜‹ They're pretty cool in my opinion 😬

1|0
9|15

Most Helpful Guy

• no but i raised triops which is a type of crab tadpole shrimp but sea monkeys are brine shrimp and i was planning on starting another 2 aquarium setups with them in each i just want the eggs to hatch and feed, not the other crap. they sell them on amazon and im going to order them when im ready.

1|1
    0|0
    • 2mo

i did triops too!

• Show All
    • 2mo

I've never had any problems with amazon triop eggs are fairly hardy so they can survive temp changes so it souldnt be an issue if ordered there.

• 2mo

I'd probably check out the reviews. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• I think I had them at one point when I was younger. It just reminded me of a South Park episode I had watched one late night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH3aZC35q6Y

They're easier to maintain when compared to goldfish if I remembered correctly.

1|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Haha that's oddly fitting (the South Park clip) lmfao

• They are a type of brine shrimp. John Glenn took some into space with him. Earlier ones were exposed to cosmic rays which damaged them, but the one that Glenn took survived and thrived.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never heard of em 😳!!! Just add water, instant life 👀!!!

So they're like dead initially or mummified, desicated lol... and water rejuvenated/revives them.

What are these creatures?

1|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Hehe yeah you put water into the aquarium thing and stir in the eggs and wait for 24 hours and they COME ALIVEEEE! pretty cool huh? ☺️
      Like @Red_Arrow said, they're brine shrimp

• 2mo

Whaaa😱!!! That's amazing, I'd love to have that experience. Hatching brine shrimp from the egg. It feels so motherly yet scientific. I'll have to look into this.

• 2mo

Hehe yeah pretty much 😁😅

• Once they become acclimated to their environment, they begin throwing their feces!

1|0
    0|0
  • They look special, have never seen them before :o
    I've had fish and turtles as a kid but these creatures are new to me!
    What looks nicest sis, the sea monkeys or my monkey? Don't be shy to be honest I can take it :D

1|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Haha the monkey probably wins by several miles dear brother haha XD

• 2mo

Thanks sis... he sends you a banana boat to express his appreciation :D

• 2mo

Yay banana boat! 👏🏽👏🏽

• They look like sperm cells with eyes and a spine.

1|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Maybe that's what we all looked like at some point lol

• My friends had some - They are cool

1|0
    0|0
  • LOL sea monkey's I haven't seen those things in forever !

1|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Omg! Haha did you use to have one? I remember having the exact same one as the first picture! I wanted to get the ones with the cool looking aquariums but my mum didn't let me :( lol

• Show All
    • 2mo

Yeah sea monkey Atlantis!

The rainbow coloured plastic slinky one?

• 2mo

We'll call it... Monkantis lol.

Hah yup that's the one.

• They look like brine shrimp that I feed my fish.

1|0
    0|0
  • My students like them.

1|0
    0|0
  • never had them

1|0
    0|0
  • I hatch them out for my other fish. Newly hatched brineshimp make a tasty meal for baby fish.

1|0
    0|0
  • never really thought about it... well i don't hate them..

1|0
    0|0
  • Not for me Mooky no way

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8