Why am I like this? Social withdrawal?

When I was about 16 and a quarter I started changing, puberty I suppose. I got very depressed, stopped going to school, and didn't want to hang out even be around any of my friends. I'm not going on 17 and a half, my depression subsided, I caught up on school, and just started my senior year graduating with my class this year. I still have social problems though.

I still talk to my friends in school and can have a good time with them at school. After school I don't message anyone nor do I want to. If my friends message me to do something I'll either ignore them or tell them I'll play later. When later comes I never feel like hanging with my friends.

When I meet a girl, or travel have a hook up the same thing happens. I'll be fine at the time, but when it actually is about to happen I just feel that I don't want to. I would much rather just stay at home and be by myself. I just never feel like being with others. Lately I've just accepted it and don't worry about it as long as it doesn't mess with my school or work.

I also never feel very emotional connected to others, as it seems others are. I've even thought I was a psychopath, or sociopath back a few months ago. I don't feel bad for others like people do, never cry during the sad parts in movies. If something bad happens to someone I don't really care since I don't know them, and it didn't happen to me. I do, however have sympathy and empathy towards animals. I just have a shallowness towards other humans, I guess I could describe it as.

I'm sure there is a name for why I'm like this, and obviously it's not serious. I'm just trying to figure out what it is, if it is something. Any ideas? I'm not worried about it, I would just like to know.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Perhaps putting childish things behind you?
    But what do I know, that is just my opinion

Could be. Almost everyone I seem to hang with is immature, and frankly not too bright. You might be right man.

Glad to be of service lol