85 % plus a 92 % still an A?

Ok just to clear that up, any of you nerds who know how to calculate their grades, can you tell me what my grade would be if I currently have a 92 % in the class, and add my recent score, an 85 % to that, what would my grade now be? Still an 'A'?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the system. Some schools only 95% or higher is an A, some do 91% or higher is an A, sometimes 90% or higher. Also, you need to know if your class grade is based solely on tests or if you have a grade percentage on Homework, Quizzes, Attendance and so on. You also have to consider not every test might be worth the same. Sometimes a semester will have the first few tests only be worth 10% of your grade, then the final is 20% or more.

If you just want to know your average as far as your tests are concerned and you know that all tests are worth the same amount, then just add both grades together and divide by 2. That number will be your average for your test grade average. If your class grade is only based on tests then your current class grade is 88.5%, which for most school systems is a B.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how many points the exam is in comparison to the points you currently have in the class

What Guys Said 13

• What is the 92% based on? Is it a grade for one test? Or is it the average for more than one test? Or does it include quizzes and homework, etc. To just pop a grad of 92% out there with nothing it is based on really does not tell us much.

• how does the system work is it the average of 85%+92% that would be 88-89%, are there more grades to add though, does the 85 only count as 1 grade but the 92 is everything so far if so the grade would go down less than I mentioned?

• Don't worry about your grades too much. Why do you want us to tell you what it means. If you have really scored the scores by honest means , then you should know better how to calculate the scores by your own self. Are you really bad in maths?

• It depends on how heavily that 85% is weighted. Some teachers make tests count for 80% of your overall grade, and some only have it count for half.

• I think the grades might be curved. Why don't you just ask your teacher?

• depends really. how many points is the class total and how many is the 92% and how many is the 85%

• That's not how it works. How many points did you have before and how many points are un your recent score? On top of that, there's weighting and categories. With the information you've given, can't tell you anything.

• Maybe only just

• It depends on the weighting of all your tests, participations, and homeworks.

• It depends on how those two grades are weighted.

• it's not the percentage that matters, it's the amount of points on the test/assignment that matters, and how many points possible in the class there is. also, it would depend on if he's/she's grading on a curve or not

• ((weightOfCurrentGrade * 85) + (weightOfNewGrade * 92)) / (weightOfCurrentGrade + weightOfNewGrade )

if the result is above or equal the minimum for an A grade, you have an A.
    The minimum and the weightings depend on school and classes and teacher.

• If both those percentages are weighted equally then no you'd have a B+

They almost definitely aren't.

:( nooooooooooooo

The 92% is almost definitely weighted higher than the 85% so it's probably better than that.

If you somehow already knew you had a 92%, just use the same method to figure out what your grade is now.

What Girls Said 3

• Depends how many grades you have in the book already

I'm just talking about those two grades put together not anything else. No comprende?

I comprende but it's based on points not on averages. Are both those assignments worth the same amount of points?

• Ur grade should be weighted. But if u specify, I can prob help you decide. And because I'm Asian, a- is fail 😂 sad life I've got here

• Depends on the weight of each grade. How much does the recent score worth of your overall grade?