Do you have to believe something 100% to actually believe it?

Most Helpful Guy

• The overwhelmingly vast majority of religious people in the world don't 100% believe in their religions, and neither do they follow them fully like they're supposed to, and yet they all claim that they still believe in the stuff.
    So I suppose it's either possible since everyone does it, or impossible and thus almost every religious person is a hypocrite. Or just a cherry picker.

"Every religious person is a hypocrite"
      You mean the extremist believers. Yes that's true. Extremists are dumb people. Religion for me it's something I identify myself it's not that I follow *every* teaching of religion tbh
      No one can be 100% like a religion wants
      I live a modern and simple lifestyle at the same time
      Religions teach us some stupid and old things. Bruhhh it's 21st century now

@Triss but then why follow it if it teaches stupid things?

some things are stupid dude
      not all believe me

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• I am one of those - I need to be 100% convinced - That is why my religious faith lapsed

• Yes and no.
    It depends upon how you define 'believe.'

One could argue that you cannot believe something 100%, because you cannot know something 100%. With even a small amount of ignorance, understanding and therefore belief is prevented.

Therefore, inasmuch as all belief is inherently incomplete- all belief is actually believed. Thank you for the tautology.

You write very well

• well yeah

• No, not really.

What Girls Said 2

• No I Don't Think So.

• No. You won't believe anything 100%...