Is it weird my professor is taking pictures of each student with his phone?

My professor says he needs a picture of each student so he can remember names? Do professors do this? What's the point of this? They deal with so many students why would he need to do this?

2mo We have student id already

Most Helpful Guy

• How is looking at pictures going to make him remember? How will he remember the names of the faces?

It's very suspicious.

Most Helpful Girl

• He just said that he needs to do it to remember names. Now how true that is, we don't know. But if nobody is speaking up about the issue, then it really shouldn't be an issue if it's allowed. To be honest, I really would feel the same way you feel and would not tolerate it. As long as it's not getting abused and misused, like God forbid for masturbating or anything else sick, it should be safe to say he's telling the truth. But again you never know. Just be mindful and careful. And yes, it is very and extremely weird.

Thank you! And the funny thing is no one asks him what it's for. I dropped the class.

What Guys Said 11

• Yeah it's some new things. Two of my professors did it.

• No. My prof made us give him a picture with our name on the back too.

• I would feel uncomfortable with it.

• My school just used the database with all our school id pictures

• I don't think it's weird

• It's only weird if he asks you to show more cleavage before snapping.

• That's weird I'd tell.

• BAHAHHAAHAHAHA he be masterbating to dem perrty face i after class i bet 😂😂😂

• How old your professor is?

52 and he constantly talks about his wife and how attracted he is to her.

• It's cool dun wurry bout it

• For his reference I guess since he is probably bad with names to faces but also gives him a good excuse to have pictures of the hot looking students on his phone too😊

What Girls Said 11

• I would feel kinda uncomfortable with that. My picture would be included in my records which he could access if he wanted. I don't see why he would need to take pictures on his phone too. None of my lecturers have done that.

• I never heard of a teacher who did that. It's probably an excuse for something he wants to do.
    It's strange. You should be careful.

• Your school doesn't provide your teachers with ID photos for teachers?
    If it does, then yes this is super weird.

Yes I'm in college we have ID cards and I just find it unprofessional because he is using his personal device to take the pictures. I figured he deals with so many students who had the time you know, as he is a college professor.

• Not really, my school has a database system with all my students pictures and names in it for attendance.

• I've heard of this and one of my teachers have done it. I refused when he came to me and was persistent but I held my ground. Don't do anything you don't want to do

• No that's weird go talk to the head or someone above him and tell them

• That's pretty weird.

• He's creepy

• Probably a paedo

• He might be an Aries lol. They don't remember shjt unless it's their own.. Bless their hearts

• Yeah thats weird...