My brother got kicked out of a concert and now my family hates me?

My brother drank too much, jumped up on stage twice and was dragged out kicking and screaming. I followed them out because I wanted to know what was happening if he was being arrested or anything. He was so out of control I said dude you need to calm down. He lunged at me trying to punch me so the security put him in a choke hold. He was struggling so was basically choking himself. He's like I can't breath I can't breath. His face was turning red (mainly because he was struggling) and he said why aren't you doing anything (to me) honestly I was kind of in shock at everything happening. I said you need to relax because you're struggling making it worse then I kind of freaked out and told the security to loosen his grip his face was bright red. I touched his arm and the other guard said if you touch him again I'll do the same thing to you so I had no other choice. My family has disowned me saying I did nothing to help and that I basically watched my brother being murdered in the middle of the street. Do you agree with them? I dont understand..

2mo Shit I'm sorry guys honest mistake when I was writing this

My brother did NOT die. That was a very important part sorry. He was thrown in the drunk tank.
2mo Please stop asking if he was murdered. He was NOT murdered he was acting like an idiot

Most Helpful Guy

• The brother was being an ass and got himself in his own predicament. What was your family expecting you to do? Help him fight the rent-a-cops (and maybe real cops if they showed up and then risk getting tased to death)? You would just be in jail with him and then have 2x as much legal troubles to deal with. If they don't realize this it sounds like being disowned by such dummies was a blessing in disguise.

very true... Ugh I just wish my family wasn't like this. My grandma always chooses his side. I could say the sky is blue and he says it's brown she would still side with him

Yup I unfortunately know the type, partly why I haven't talked to my relatives in 25+ years. You can't do much else when calling them stubborn as mules is an insult to mules.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he is at a concert and can drink then Im assumin he is over 21 and an adult. With that being said he is responsible for his own stupidity and you are not his babysitter. He deserved to be kicked out and legally you can't interfere with security or police that is basic common sense. Did your family want two kids in jail? Sounds like your brother needs a wake up call and get a grip on life. Your family also needs to realize that an adult makes their own dumbass choices and has to live with them and the consequences. Tell your parents you are not his mommy and he needs to grow up. If he was my son Id slap him for being an idiot and if he was arrested I wouldn't have bailed him out. People will never learn if they keep getting away with dumbass behavior.

What Guys Said 10

• I was event staff years ago I have kicked an a hole out myself

• Condolences for your loss.

He's alive he was thrown in the drunk tank

• Why was he murdered? ?

he wasn't murdered he went to the drunk tank

And he wasn't arrested at all? He drank too much thats his own damn problem.

• So just to clarify, your brother is alive?

omg lol I'm an idiot. I meant to say they were accusing me of doing nothing to stop them but he's alive and he was thrown in the drunk tank

I honestly don't see how you did anything wrong here. In fact your family should have taken his ass home after the first time his drunken ass jump the stage.

I don't know what's up with your family but they don't have your safety and best interest in mind. I can't believe im saying this but maybe try not hanging with your family anymore.

Yeah I've actually made the choice to cut them out of my life. They owe me a huge apology. Accusing me of letting people try to kill someone I love is absurd. I've been having anxiety about the whole ordeal until everyone on here clarified what I had already thought in the beginning about them being wrong. All of my friends pointed out how stressed out I am about my family all the time. Sometimes blood isn't thicker than water.

• I feel bad for you but I am so glad your brother got arrested and I hope they keep him there for as long as the sky turns purple.

• Is your brother dead?

• Security guard snots I hope they got arrested for assault. Did the police come? Your story is missing a lot of details, was he murdered?

Yeah I realize I totally wrote this poorly. He didn't die he was thrown in the drunk tank

Good I'm glad he's okay. And your family is overreacting.

• Your brother sounds like a loser.
    Your family sounds mean.

Move out asap.

• What happen to your brother? What concert you went?

I would rather not say the concert he's alive he was just thrown in the drunk tank

why does it matter

I'm curious

• Everyone needs to know if he's alive or dead, you didn't say...

omg I just edited it.

Okay I didn't see the update, I'm glad he's okay... your family is over reacting, you didn't do anything wrong... Your brother was being an ass, he should have been looking out for you...

okay thanks for your opinion

What Girls Said 8

• Not your fault as for the family i have no advice. The only way i could see them being mad is if he was underage and you gave him the drinks.

• Why are they putting it on you? They need to hold him accountable for his behavior.

• So in the end what happened to your brother?

he was thrown in the drunk tank

• I'm sorry to hear your brother died.

I edited my post sorry no he did not die he was thrown in the drunk tank

He's 26 I'm 23 lol

Then this post makes no sense.

• Its not your fault at all! I don't know what they thought you could do besides what you did!

• Did he die? Either way I don't.

• Very sorry. Your brother's behavior is up to him entirely. You cannot take responsibility for it. Your family is being very unfair.

• Is he dead?

Oh, your family is over reacting. He shouldn't have gotten that drunk. It wasn't anyone else's fault but his.