Please help, fast?

I have a test on a book tomorrow called "To kill a mockingbird." I only studied a bit, but I need a full summary on this story. Like the main points of it and what it means. Can someone please help me? I'll give MHO to the best opinion!

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's how I got through high school English when it was a book I wasn't interested in:

Step 1.) Use Cliffnotes. First, read the overarching summary. Then read chapter summaries. Don't cut corners on this. This is a condensing of the entire book, meaning the points put on here are more important.
    www.cliffsnotes.com/.../to-kill-a-mockingbird-at-a-glance

Step 2.) As you read each chapter, think to yourself... "Can I summarize this?" Give yourself a quick synopsis of what happened in the book after each chapter summary. If you can't do that, reread the chapter summary. It means you looked over it but didn't sponge up the info.

Step 3.) Find another chapter summary and read those. I recommend shmoop. It's helped me a lot. Reading a different source for chapter summaries helps give a different angle and also fills in any points missed in the first source.
    www.shmoop.com/.../chapter-1-summary.html

Step 4.) Do additional tasks with time left. Read character descriptors, take online book quizzes, etc. These will help get you solid for the test.

You may be thinking to yourself "this is so much reading! I might as well read the book!" Well, actually, this is significantly less, but will give you all the real testable info.

I used this technique throughout high school and aced tests. I was able to trick teachers into thinking I read the book lol. In fact, I may have even gotten higher grades than some people who read the book. Point is, it works if you do it right. I believe that doing this is better than summary of the book I could make.

Likewise, take breaks every hour for about 10 minutes. This will help your brain process the info in and will help you study more effectively. Also, once done studying, go to sleep immediately (it also helps your brain process info with no interference). In the morning of, refresh yourself on the material. The time gap will significantly improve your memory-- repetition is key to long term retrieval.

Thank you! I also looked on this other website that helped me! And I passed :P
      I was quite busy with family issues, and that's why I really had no time to study over the summer. Thank you for this answer!

Noice, glad to have helped 👍

What Guys Said 8

• Why are you wasting your time here. this does not show that you are a good student. Go back to your work and do it by yourself. I don't recommend you to depend on any one to get your work done. it seems you are not a smart girl but only a lazy time waster.

I pass all of my classes for your information. If you aren't going to help, then stop wasting your own time here. And I actually got a great grade on the test, which proves I'm smart. So you can go take back what you said.

I showed that I care by giving you the right advice. If you adopt my advice in the right spirit , you will never be left behind in your work schedule. Make a list and arrange things in the line of importance and urgency. Do the things which are most important and most urgent first. Just think how great this advice is. When you grow up you will realize , the importance of this advice. Parents scold their children but they always love them. Think of it this way.

I just said that I had family issues and I had no time to study over summer. You didn't give me any advice. Calling me a "lazy time waster" isn't very nice advice to me.

• Can someone please help me cheat? If you do, I'll give you something worth $0.02 (literally. 7,000 xper points = $20 Amazon card; (7 xper/7,000 xper) x $20.00 = $0.02.

• You can take the help of you tube perhaps

• yeah, coming here for help, good plan, McDonalds is hiring

If you aren't going to help, other questions are waiting for your brilliant answers. So go there instead.

• Just search for a summary on YouTube

• Just know that Jem kills Scout at the end.

• There's a lot of rape myths and people acting like false rape accusations happen but luckily they throw that rapist in jail.

What Girls Said 13

• Or you could just read it yourself... It's not like it's a difficult or long book.

• Girl there this shit called spark notes. That shit is how I passed English. Girl use the internet.

Girl, I was. Girl, I just wanted to see what anyone else would say.

• Jesus. Go to spark notes.

I feel like I've said this so many times. Learn to use the Internet to your advantage.

• Go to sparks notes. Or just ask me questions I know the book super well but giving a summer would b a little difficult because a few things happen and you'll get confused

• Google would be more efficient.

• Little kids become obsessed with watching their neighbor.

• watch the movie

• Ever heard of spark notes lol

• One of my favorite books in high school it was.

• i believe you can get it even in a video by google it

• Well... I hate doing this but you can check on SparkNotes.

• Rasism, rape and miscarriage of justice as well as being an outcast because you're different.

• Tell the truth. Regardless. ☺️