What is the difference between a guy picking on you and a guy being rude to you?

As in he picks on you=he likes you.

He's rude to you=he's an asshole

2mo Just curioous

Most Helpful Guy

• The difference is one has self esteem problems and the other is just a douche. Actually that's one in the same. If anyone is like that they are just all around assholes and I say fuck em lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• If its obvious that it hurts your feelings he's being an asshole. If he's just poking fun and he knows your ok with it then he's being friendly.

What Guys Said 2

• i was a bully in school mostly picked on this one kid who was fat feel horrible now but shit happens what i can say is that there's no fucking difference if someone is picking on someone that they have a crush on they r fucking mentally handicapped or some shit because that just dumb

• The guy that picks on you because he likes you, will also do and say nice things for/to you sometimes too.
    The guy that is just being an ass won't do anything nice for you or ask how your day was.

I think this guy was picking on me because I ignored him and he wanted to hurt me too.

Not sure if he'd do nice things for me or ask how my day was. I know that he wouldn't look me in the eye which means he's probably awkward around me too

Ask him to do something for you. Something that doesn't take much time and then you would know.

What Girls Said 7

• Your patience for assholes.

• There isn't a difference. Steer clear of him.

• If he's picking on you, he'll most likely look at you for a reaction to what he says/does, if he's being rude, he won't look for your reaction

the ones who pick on me do it purposely. Like if I'm not reacting they'll find new ways to irritate me.

That's because they want to see how you react to different things.

So they like me or something?

• If your feelings are hurt he's being mean. Men know how to tease without hurting your feelings.

My feelings were hurt.

I thought he wasn't respecting e

Yeah. Then he's being mean.

• The tone.
    You'll just have to read the atmosphere.

• Yeah never could tell the difference...

• Fuk if I know lol