How do you deal with being with someone who is emotionally unstable?

Most Helpful Guy

• Deal with it in the most professional way. Take him to an expert before his/her problem gets worse. Because if the problem persists any further , things may get out of control. Don't procrastinate and act fast. he/she will surely come out of this problem.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are emotionally unstable people who are seeking and getting treatment or at the very least aware they are emotionally unstable... and then there are the ones either in denial or unaware of their behavior.

The latter is much more of the problem because you are going to be the one soley trying to navigate through their various states of mind, the things they say, and the things that they do that tend to be left of center. If you are heavily invested in this person, you may want to try to figure out their past history, or traumas, or ask them about their issues in an attempt to understand and/or start them on a path to getting better and seeking help or treatment, but it can be a long draining tough road as emotionally unstable people don't tend to wake up the next day and become miraculously better. It's a long process.

What Guys Said 8

• I'll just be emotionally unstable right back! MUhahahahahahha

Seriously though, I'll work through things with them if I feel like they're making genuine efforts to improve and if my needs are being reasonably met.

• Its a tough long road you must be in love to. even want to try

• be emotionally unstable with them, but do the opposite, hes/shes sad, then you be happy to make him/her happy.

• How in which way? Like bipolar or are they emotionally unavailable?

• I leave and either stay single or find someone that isn't damaged goods.

• whoever your dating is lucky i have depression and i can't get a girlfriend because of mt depression

• Details please.

• I avoid them

What Girls Said 11

• Slap the out of it.
    gifsec.com/.../GIF-Slap.gif?gs=a

• They NEED to be in a good place before being able to sustain any kind of lasting, loving relationship. And it isn't your job to "fix" them. All you can do is set your boundaries and take really good care of yourself. Good luck hun.

Not the OP, but still really curious. Have you experienced being with or liking someone like this, and do they ever become ready? I am in love with this guy, but we were never official, and he's stopped talking to me because he doesn't want a relationship. I was never trying to pressure him into one, I just wanted reassurance that I wasn't being used. In the last message he sent me, he told me he does like me, but he basically doesn't want the responsibility of having to communicate all the time with someone, because he (at the time anyway) was really emotionally unstable. But I feel really horrible and just miss him so much. I've never felt such intense feelings about someone before. Also, I'm 99% sure he's not seeing anyone else right now.

• you tune out most of what they say

• Get rid of them. I'm sorry but I can't stand these people, I've delt with so many men being suicidal acting like it was my fault for not "caring" when they just weren't my type. Why would I force myself to be with someone that doesn't make me happy but I'm damned either way cuz then I have to deal with their depression about me rejecting them like grow up and move on wtf don't kill urself psycho

But what if you really love them and they are like this?

• Run before they make you crazy with their craziness!

• I couldn't be with someone like that.

• Help them to get help

• I am in love with someone like this, but he has stopped talking to me and now I am heartbroken.

• Leave.

• it is hard bur i educate myself on the issue or talk to a therapist so I can know what to expect and how to deal with it.

• Business as usual for my psycho ass ✨🎈🎊🎉💥💗💛💛😏😎😍😜