Are you racially conscious?

Are you aware of your ethnic history, your people, where your ancestors come from, what your civilization was like historically, your people/civilization's achievements etc... And are you proud of who you are?

If yes, then let me know in the comments below your ancestry, your peoples' history, achievements etc...

• Yes, I am racially conscious.
  • No, I am not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am aware of my lineage.

It is fairly well documented (direct line to Charlemagne) and a - lovely, I'm sure - woman named Bertha Broadfoot.

Most Helpful Guy

• - Blackfoot Native Anerican Tribe. Buffalo herders.
    - Stout Clan from Norway. Mostly warriors, philosophers and inventors.
    -Don't really know much about my African American history. Only as far back to my great grand mother.

Supposedly no one in my family was ever a slave and the white half of my family actually fought and died to free the slaves lol. Overall I'm proud of where I come from. I do wish I knew more tho.

What Girls Said 6

• yes kind of... i am still looking up things about my ancestry

• Race isn't a thing for people who know their ethnic group/s. I know about somali history, we're a land of nomadic poets. My ancestors all lived in the area called Ogaden which currently is in ethiopia for centuries. My favorite thing about somalis is our rich language. The more you grow up in the backwaters, the better your language skills are. Dissecting somali poems (gabey) and songs are one of my favorite things to do with my parents.

• Yeah.
    I am 100% Eastern European as far as I know.
    Ancestors from Romania, Russia and Poland.

All I know is that my family form Poland were horse thieves lmao. Hell yeah.

• my grandfather is actually have a document about our family tree and ancestry, so based on that, I can concluded that I have these in my blood:

1. Malay
    2. Chinese
    3. Thai
    4. Indonesian (Bugis and Boyan)
    5. Pakistan
    6. Arab (not sure it is Turk or Iranian)

so far, that's what I've known from the document.

• Yes, and I'm very proud

• Im very proud:) im hungarian with maori blood

What Guys Said 14

• Most of my family are from the British Isles or Eastern Europe. My dad is really into genealogy and has been researching our family history.

• Well I'm pretty aware of what my people have accomplished and what we've failed at in general (not 100%, probably not even 20%, we have been a unified country for over a millennium), though on a more personal scale I don't know a whole lot. I know I'm pretty damn English overall going back, though I'm a quarter Irish on a more persona level, thanks to my dear Mick grandmother on my dad's side.

She was a lovely woman.

• I have dual lineage to Scandinavia and Spain. My ancestors are Rome and the Vikings, so he'll yea I'm proud.
    Genes survive so even though we did not personally do these great things the holders of our genes did, essentially the being survived through reproduction creating a partial clone using part of themselves. So in a way we did do these things, and can take pride.

• All of a sudden we have a majority in "yes". hahahaha
    What happened to all anti racists and self hating ducks here?
    I thought that race doesn't exist in your warped mind.

• My great ancestors were all cannibals before the British Imperialism and then when the Brits brought over Indians Sepoys & slaves they just left them stranded on the island were they intermingled with the tribes. My lineage goes somewhere to India and the other is lost to time via the cannibalistic tribes that were slaughtered and breed out by the British.

• I'm aware. However, I don't understand why anyone living today would take pride in what their ancestors did or didn't do because no one living today contributed to anything that predates their own existence.

• You mean ethnically conscious, not racially. I know I'm white and I just found out I can file for Italian Citizenship without naturalizing due to blood relations.

Yeah true, technically it is ethnically conscious, but the term everyone uses is "racial consciousness".

• er im half irish half English in australia that knows that my mothers side didn't show up on a convict boat dunno bout me dads though does that count?

• Nopw im blaxk and all o know is that some. Guy picked cotton got beat with a whip. Then later on was free but was treated like a dog and got hung and beat ans chased. Until maybe the 60s

Nope im black and all i know is that some. Guy picked cotton got beat with a whip. Then later on was free but was treated like a dog and got hung and beat and chased. Until maybe the 60s.

• yeah i know. Belgium was named after the region Julius Caesar gave it. Gallia Belgica. Caesar named it after the people that lived there, the Belgae our country became independent from the Netherlands in 1830. our country is not that old but we have great history, WWI, WWII, etc.

• Yes, definitely.

I have Italian, Spaniard and Scottish blood all over. A bit farther my mom's side, I also have South American blood.

Proud of my lineage? Not really. I find pride in personal successes only.

• I know about my parents history and their countries history. They left as political refugees long before I was born because of many years of cival war. That's how I became an American lol.

• Proud as can f*cking be.

• I am aware of all the history and I give zero shits. I'm not responsible for other people's actions.