Can smoking make you sing better?

I've noticed that when I decide to smoke, my voice gets raspier, and more velvety. The downside is that my falsetto, and lung capacity has suffered. I know smoking isn't good for me, but I frankly don't care as I'm going to die somehow. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

• Yes, it made me an angel
  • Neutral
  • F*ck no, are you insane?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope... Not true, it's the opposite.
    Yeah it will get raspier, but to the point of it being barely palatable for anyone else to listen to.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't smoke cigarettes but I've heard it's really bad for your singing voice. Also I know it's bad for your voice generally cause I've heard how people talk who've smoked all their life. You can look up pictures of what a long term smoker's vocal chords look like, it's not pretty

What Girls Said 7

• solely if you want raspy.

Listen to David Coverdale from Whitesnake.
      He had throat cancer (I think from smoking) Had surgury in the mid 80s. Doctors said that he wouldn't be able to sing again.. A lot of people thought his voice sounded better after surgury.

• i voted C i don't think you will benefit from it

• There's this old lady at work who's addicted to smoking, and has been all her life. She literally has the most attractive voice I've ever heard. So raspy she almost sounds like a dude.

• You forgot option D :

Stop trolling

#TrollFail

• I don't think smoking helps

• No way

• since I started smoking my voice hasn't been the same, it actually got worse, I feel like I can't sing anymore, at least not as good as I used to

What Guys Said 2