Did you ever see someone try to correct grammar but fail badly?

Did you ever see someone try to correct grammar but fail badly??

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
  • Never payed attention
2mo Ugh the last poll option was supposed to say "paid". You can thank autocorrect for that.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 20

• Never that badly. Though, seeing plural possessives used as ordinary plurals does irritate. Happens a lot in Facebook groups. Someone will make some excellent points, bit will make that one mistake repeatedly, only to be dismissed as "dumb hicks" simply on account of their grammar.

• It's often hilarious when someone whodoesn't understand the question tries to correct it for you!

• 1|0
  • frequently. I see it most with the phrase "your bad".

They often claim it's "you're bad"

no it's not. It's possessive, as in "your mistake" not "you are mistake" or "you are bad"... quite idiotic. Also proven by the associated usage of "my bad" which would instead be "me bad" or some shit if it WERE actually "you're bad" lol

• I've seen it on facebook, several times, it can be very funny sometimes :)

• Honestly grammar nazi's are usually jokes anyways, its even funnier when they screw up grammar themselves.

• It can be funny to see alright - Surely there are more important things to worry about

• This site

• Yeah it's funny

• Paid**

Thats prob me thanks to the bastard we call autocorrect.

• Where I live, if I started correcting grammar, i would be busier than a third grade English teacher.

• I do it sometimes if I am on my laptop and typing at a weird angle

• more than once lol

• Proper grammar is just an elitist machination to bedevil the honest man!

Grammar nazis be getting uppity as hell online! :P

• I sure do hope you wrote "payed" intentionally

lol good catch

Autocorrect's algorithm makes this inherently impossible. An already correct word ("paid") will not be changed (unless it doesn't have swears in its dictionary; this is what causes "fuck" to be changed to "duck").

Except it has changed "fuck" to "duck" many times for me even though both of them exist in my phone's dictionary. It's also changed "duck" to "dick", "brave" to "have", and "kiss" to "kill".

All of this has legit happened to me, so I think you got the algorithm wrong.

• Almost everytime i see a youtube video or check facebook.

• Your joking right

• Omg that was embarrassing lmao😂😂

• lel what...

• Naw I havin't.

What Girls Said 4

• I have. People using the wrong form of a word upsets me to an unreasonable level. Not sure I'd find them amusing as much as I'd have an internal conflict going on just at the sight of them :p

• Hahaha yes! There's actually this little asshole here on gag that would follow me around pointing out errors in my sentences when his grammar was sub par!

• I haven't

• Yes 🙄