Why do I always look for reasons for guys not to like me?

When I'm not invested in a guy I tend to not think badly of myself. I'm quite attractive (no conceitedness intended), I am smart and go to a good school, I have a good amount of friends and I really do have a lot to be proud and grateful about. The problem is that when I start to really like a guy I tend to look for things that are wrong with me and think to myself that he won't like me anymore when he finds out a flaw of mine. Sometimes it gets ridiculous but I feel I need to be perfect for someone I'm into and that he can find someone better. Anyone else like this? I hate feeling this way it has held me back for too long.

What Guys Said 2

• if a guy really likes u then he would like u despite ur flaws. no one is perfect we all have flaws. You're just being insecure and nervous about guys that's all.

• It seems your insecurity shows when dating somebody, happens to a lot of us, me anyways. I don't have much insecurity anywhere else besides in relationships myself.

What Girls Said 1

• You don't want to screw things up when you're with him or really get yourself hurt in the future potentially because he seems so great to you, so you make up excuses to not get hurt later (whether that would actually happen or not).