What's a good laptop and how much does it cost?

I can not do my schoolwork on my iPad because my iPad likes to randomly refresh and I lose everything. I can save up money for a good laptop by working overtime.

Most Helpful Guy

• Get a Dell. I've always had them and they last longer. I've always went directly through Dell as well. Dont go to Best Buy or any of those places. Just not the same quality it seems. I had my Dell laptop for 7 years before the hard drive failed and that was the only problem. Which happens. If you can upgrade to an SD (Solid State Drive) right away I'd recommend it. They are supposed to last longer and I bought one for my old laptop and its basically a new computer. I paid maybe $500 for it new back in 2009.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd get a Lenovo yoga pad you can get one starting at like 500 and then see what size and specs you want but it's my fav laptop

What Guys Said 20

• Unless you will be gaming or editing, you don't need a good laptop. Any laptop will do. And almost any laptop you get will be faster and more reliable then an Ipad. If you are editing I say go for a core i7. For school work an I3 would be fine (those are intel processors.) I assume if your Ipad used to work for your schoolwork you don't need a particularly high end computer. Actually, depending on what you'll be using it for a chromebook might be perfect for this. 200-300 dollar laptops that specialize in web browsing.

You can use this as a guide, the spec requirements for Microsoft home and office (newest edition)

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86-bit or x64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set. 2 GB RAM, 3.0 GB available disk space, 1280 x 800 screen resolution.
      •Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card.
      •Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 10 Server, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008 R2. For the best experience, use the latest version of any operating system.
      •The current or immediately previous version of Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
      •. NET 3.5 required. Some features may require. NET 4.0 or 4.5 CLR to also be installed.

As long as your laptop meets or exceeds those specs you'll be good to go

• For school, about any laptop will be good... if you have the luck to have one that hasn't problems within the first 3 or 4 years. (it happens to ALL brands but some have more problems than others, then it's the quality and price of customer service that's important.)

I'm old school and prefer desktops.

• I bought myself an Asus about 4 months back - budget roughly 1400 EUR (so about 1600 USD) and based on the feedback I've had from people who can know it was a good choice :D
    Make sure you have a hard drive without movable parts. And enough memory, since that will make your laptop last!

• Depends what you'll be doing. I personally like macs because they didn't fuck me over, dells and shit last longer if you take care of them, but if you don't know that, they'll fuck you over. Mainly MagSafe

• Depends on what you wanna do with it. If it's just office and for school... It starts around $400-500

If you want something with better build quality, battery life and an SSD it's $800-1000 and up.

When playing games you can add a couple hundreds more

• Try an Acer,
    I got mine on sale for a little over five hundred bucks
    and it came with 8 gigs of ram,
    1080p
    1 tb hard drive
    and a Nvidia-geforce 940m
    It plays current gen games

• I recently purchased this Laptop i should get it in few days it's called the
    HP 17" Laptop Win10 Core i3 8GB RAM 1TB Gold Luxe w/ LifeTimeTech
    You can get this on payment plan with a Banking Debit card or Credit card
    I got a Dell Inspiron and to be honest i really don't like it so I'm buying this
    http://images.qvc.com/is/image/e/84/e228984.001

Right now the payments per month is running $116.66 plus Shipping and Handling which cost me total of $120.62 now when i purchased the price was $113.66 plus $6.96 for Shipping and Handing. If you could afford this payment plan 6 payments for 6 months not too bad.

This comes with a lifetime tech support

• An Asus gaming computer outstanding laptop will set you back about $1200 dollars

Because you need a gaming laptop for school, right?

true f laptop team ps4

kidding aaaaa

• Well i have a packard bell notebook. Got it for 300 bucks i think. Its nothing special but what do you expect from a poor little broke ass student.

• will u only used for schoolwork
    u can get an android tablet with a mini keyborad and mouse to use it
    it very cheap

• Go for a Macbook. You can get a used one on eBay for good condition for under 1K

• go for a HP for around $400-500

• loptop 2 in 1 and very cheap now.

• I got my laptop for $300 but that was after a $200 discount. I suggest looking at dell, Asus, lenovo, msi, and Acer.

• Mac book air or pro. Get one refurbished from Apple for a 1000 or less

• hp spectre

• Check out HP laptops.

• 1000-1500 $

No, you can get a decent laptop WAY cheaper on Amazon

and it came with 8 gigs of ram,
      1080p
      1 tb hard drive
      and a Nvidia-geforce 940m
      It plays current gen games

@Waffles731 processor? mine is i7 3610 qm 16 gb ram 2 gb nvidia 630M 1 TB HDD and 240 gb SSD 1920x1080 monitor. I bought it for 750 USD (2000 Turkish Liras) about 3 years ago.

• If you just want to work on it i think you can just buy one for like 300-450

Thats what I am thinking. That is an entire two weeks paycheck but it will be worth it

It won't let me download that. I can't delete any of the other apps I need them for school.

how much space do you have? you can save some stuff on cloud until you download it

• how much do you want to spend?

I want to get a quality laptop. I need to save a lot of money which will a long time, but i am willing to wait. It's looks like a quality laptop is around $500, so we will start there.

if ur willing to buy used you can get a nice i7 for 200-300

What Girls Said 5

• I had an Asus for years before the battery died and in the process of waiting for a new one to arrive we had a home invasion and it was stolen. Now I have a HP which is actually better than what I had mainly because there's more memory and it's a newer model.

• I don't know I have an apple and he's really great. When I was in high school I used to do my homework with and I never had a problem but they're expensive. It's the only bad point about them.

• I have an HP laptop. My mother did a LOT of research when she was buying it. In the end it was worth it, because I use it for school, and it has enough memory, and space for me to save my school work. 😊

• Hp laptops are good, acer ones are good too. I'd go to your nearest computer shop and ask them to help you. When you tell them what you'll use it for they'll often know which one you need.

• I like HP laptops. I have tried other laptops before and they were awful