What would you do and how would you feel if this was in a people's religious texts about your people, including yourself?

Sahih Muslim Book 041, Number 6985:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:

"The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, oh the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree of Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews."

Most Helpful Guy

• I would feel like I'd been trolled.

Sending me after the fucking Israelis.

Why couldn't they say I have to wipe out the French or someone like that? No. We have to fight the Israeli Air Force in the middle of the damn desert with no cover.

Nice to see you on again fräulein.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd assume it was from a person who was trying to intimidate me , and trying to incite hatred , by taking ONE scripture out of context to do it with

I'd ignore it, delete it... then forget about it

What Guys Said 19

• I would read it, like any book of history, as written by someone, espousing their beliefs, to encourage following and submission.
    The Torah and Bible have similar passages, that can be sited, singly, without the FULL CONTEXT, or a modern understanding of the INTENT of the writer, AT THAT TIME!!!
    How is it relevant now? Many things in the Jewish and Muslem Traditions were meant to keep people safe, and not eat things (pork, shell-fish, etc) that could harm them. Today, there are no issues with these things, or very limited issues!! These laws endure because those that decide to follow the RULE of the LAW, not the intent.
    Some have said that there is only one true 'Higher Power' and that there are 'Many Paths' to Him/Her!!
    Why do so many seem to think that they are the ONLY RIGHT ones?
    What if every way is RIGHT, and when we pass to the next place, what if 'GOD' judges us not on our religious beliefs, but by our actions, helping those around us, less fortunate, that need our help, regardless of their 'beliefs'?

There is no passages neither in Torah nor in Talmud that in it we name a specific nation like Muslim or Christian, Persian or German or Roman, and we say that we Jews will go after them and kill so many of them that they hide behind stones and trees out of the fear of this mass murder. There is none alike this whatsoever.

There are passages in the old parts of Torah which in them God curses the enemies of Israel, God orders the punishment of the enemies of Israel, very much like how Zeus curses the enemies of Athens and our religion was in fact alike any other religion of the time with a protective God whom we worshipped and he helped the nation, his creations, in both war and peace. But no specific nation that exists until today too.

And those passages have ended by the time of the building of the second temple and then its destruction by Romans, as the image and understanding of God has changed significantly in the Jewish tradition. That is 2500-2000 years ago.

And in the rabbinic tradition, that don’t have anything slightly similar to these literal words of Hadith, the old parts are not to be taken literally.

And about the “context”, this is “Hadith”. Hadith are the words, speeches, quotes of Muhammad, and they are the second main source of Islam which are used in Muslims' everyday life, TV programs, taught to children in religious classes, used to create and implement laws in Sharia. They have no long context and they are literal words and orders which should be taken literally, and believed and obeyed in the Islamic tradition literally. For this Hadith, this is all there is. This is the entirety of the text.

You just want to defend something that is extremely ugly and unbelievably violent, by accusing the victims of the verses of having the same guilt, which is not only out of ignorance about the Jewish tradition, but it is out of being unable to reason properly and resorting to use of fallacious arguments.

While you do not speak to my personal beliefs, I feel that I should compliment you on an articulate, and well-worded response! Thank you for that, and I read it, and it made me want to know more, even though I am not a personal believer of these Ways. I do have Jewish and Muslem friends, and I have found that it is best to share our times together, separately, rather than together, as they are all, VERY passionate, about what they think, and believe, and about the 'Middle East'!
      Could I ask, are you Jewish? It is ok, if you do not want to answer, but you seem well-versed, and studied in what you responded with. I have a lot of respect for that.

• I swear Pastafarianism is less fucked up than that religion. Now let's go walk around a cube 7 times.

• How do we know that the people who wrote the religious texts weren't just trolling?

• Kill all the Jews? Sounds like peace to me

• i would close the book and say well i'm done with this

• Za you know the what zhey say right
    You zhould broberly Jew your food before zwallowing.

• "Religion of peace."

• Disappointed for those who take those words serious
    I'd rather not look too much to the bible and just pray and try to be a good decent human being to what I believe is just

• No different then the Jew Bible claiming that Jews are the chosen people and all others must bow before them. All religions suck.

• I believe the Quran was written by fallen angels
    or humans either way don't believe it

read 3 versions of the book
    that was enough study for me to come to that conclusion

• An this is why religion really needs to stop being force feed to masses of goats

• I would start trolling.

• They desire to put out the Glory of Allah with their mouths. And Allah is the One Who shall complete His Glory even though the disbelievers hate it.

• I hardly care about religious texts, I think they are all bull... So I think I won't care

• Just confirms that Islam really is a religion of peace.

• I don't have a people.

• Wouldn't give it a second thought

• classic clash of religions. nothing new really.

Ronald Spiers: You wanna know if they're true or not. The stories about me? Did you ever notice with stories like that, everyone says they heard it from someone who was there. Then when you ask that person, they say they heard it from someone who was there. It's nothing new really. I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple centurions standing around yakking about how Tercius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners.
      Carwood Lipton: Well, maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tercius deny it.
      Ronald Spiers: Maybe that's because Tercius knew there was some value to the men thinking he was the meanest, toughest sonofabitch in the whole Roman Legion.

omg I missed copy and paste.

ooo wulfen :)

• I think there's a jewish prophecy that says "though the Muslims of many nation step to you hebrews Egypt, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iran, Iraq and the rest thou armies in their righteousness might shall smack them all down like the bitches they be"

What Girls Said 6

• This book only caused havoc and people putting each other in drawers and hating them and killing them just because they are in a drawer that is not labeled "Islam".

• I never understood wht the quran hates jews. Abraham is a isrealite, Ishmael is a isrealite. It never made sense to me

Muhammad's migration to Medina and beginning of his prophethood as a ruler, began with confiscating, expelling, and then massacring 3 Jewish tribes of Medina. in the conquest of the last one of them, beheading all males including male children as young as 12 or 13 by checking if they had grown pubic hair.

Muhammad was an Arab and an Arabic prophet not a Jewish prophet. Islam was influenced by Christians sects and it is in many ways a Christian sect itself not a Jewish sect. They used the named of Abram and Sarai to justify they own rule. Muslims never liked Jews to begin with.

That is just a common misconception and misrepresentation of Islam.

• It's a prophecy, not an order.

Are you a Muslim?

@akadatank44 They are extremely similar in content.

It is an order in the Hamas Charter and in the Muslim Brotherhood.

• I would feel sad, I honestly feel sad about this now

• My favourite comedian of all time is Billy Connolly.
    He did a joke once about how you can never trust anyone who only has 1 book.

This pretty much confirms that for me haha

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more